Welcome to the Surry County, Virginia, Query Page
How to use the new Ancestry.com automated query system
TO SEARCH THE POSTED MESSAGES
TO POST MESSAGES
- Mention Surry County in your query.
- Post a separate query for each surname.
- Enter each surname on a separate line in the surname box without any punctuation marks. This allows the computer to find it with a global search.
- Post gedcom files, even small ones, to any of the pages. There is a special place to post gedcoms.
- Post any kind of advertising or material unrelated to Surry County, VA, genealogy.
Your query will be posted automatically to the Surry County, VA, Ancestry.com query board. Be sure to follow the guidelines, because no one will edit your query for you. Queries that violate too many guidelines will be dumped by the computer into the Great Beyond, never to be seen again.
TO RESPOND TO POSTED MESSAGES
- Either send email directly to the person who posted the message of interest or
- post another message to the board and share your information with everyone who uses the board.
ABOUT THE NEW ANCESTRY.COM SYSTEM
- All new queries will be posted to the Ancestry.com system and will be automatically archived.
- To read or post messages to a separate category, such as BIBLE RECORDS, DEEDS, or WILLS, select the type in the View Message Type window. Note: Some categories may not have any posts yet.
POST or read Surry County, Virginia, Genealogy Queries HERE
VIEW the Surry County, Virginia, USGenWeb Archives HERE