lies in the southeastern part of the county, in lat. 44º 40', and
long. 4º 45', bounded northeasterly by Barton, southeasterly by Sheffield,
in Caledonia county, southwesterly by Greensboro, and northwesterly by
Albany. It contains an area of 23,040 acres, granted June 27, 1781,
to Gen. John Glover and his associates, and was chartered November 20,
1783. Gen. Glover was a distinguished officer in the Revolutionary
army, ranking as brigadier-general under Gen. Washington, having worked
himself up to that position from the ranks. He was the son of Jonathan
and Tabitha B. Glover, born at Salem, Mass., in 1732, and died at Marblehead,
Mass., in 1797. The people of Marblehead, where he passed a number
of the years of his life, still venerate his name as a brave soldier and
a good and worthy man. Thus this town which perpetuates his name was granted
to him by congress as a reward for his distinguished military services.
The surface of the town is quite uneven, being broken into hills
and valleys, making a very pleasing picture, but causing some inconvenience
in cultivating the soil. The highest elevation is Black hill, a small mountain
in the southern part. In the middle and western portions of the territory
the soil is, in general, wet and cold, but very good for grazing purposes.
Along the river it is dry and warm, and well adapted to the production
of grains. The territory is well watered by the head branches of Barton
river, and branches of the Passumpsic, Lamoille, and Black rivers, which
have their sources here. Four ponds of considerable size also are found
here, Parker pond, in the northern part, Stone's and Clark's pond, in the
southern and central parts, and Sweeney pond in the western part. Another
pond was located here previous to 1810, but took to itself not wings, as
riches are said to sometimes do, but legs, and ran away, hence it has since
been known as Runaway pond. The body of water was known as Long pond, situated
in the southern part of the town, at an elevation of fourteen or fifteen
hundred feet above the level of the sea, furnishing the head waters of
the Lamoille river, and flowing south. It was nearly two miles in length
and from one-half to three-quarters of a mile in width, and, excepting
near the outlet, was very deep. About one hundred rods north of this pond
was another body of water, having about half the area and about 150 feet
lower, discharging its waters into Lake Memphremagog. For about five hundred
yards from its southern extremity, Long pond was very narrow and the water
not more than ten or fifteen feet deep, but it then made a sudden descent
in its bed to a depth of one hundred feet or more, and opened rapidly to
a breadth of half a mile, and then more gradually to three-quarters of
a mile, the depth also increasing to 150 feet, in the broadest part, and
not diminish in depth till within a short distance of the northern extremity,
where its width was about half a mile.
On the east and west the shores were bold, and rose into hills of
considerable height. Between these hills, on the north end, was a plain
of one or two acres, a few higher than the pond. This plain, perhaps twenty
rods north of the pond, terminated in an abrupt descent of about one hundred
feet, and then more gradually to Mud pond. The northern shore consisted
of a narrow belt of sand and a bank of light sandy earth. Here had been
formed a deposit, resembling frozen gravel, two or three inches in thickness,
and extending into pond for five or six rods. This deposit formed the only
solid barrier to waters - alone preventing them from descending into Mud
pond. The bottom of Mud pond was a mass of thick, deep mud, which became
very solid when dry. Barton river, its outlet, flowed very rapidly for
two miles, through rough uneven territory, and then more gradually to Barton
village, three miles further north. The country was covered with
an unbroken forest, except where grist and saw-mills, owned by a Mr. Wilson,
had been erected. Some clearings had been commenced near the stream in
Barton, and other mills had been erected some miles below on the stream,
near Crystal lake. The stream where Wilson's mills stood was insufficient
for turning the wheel during the dry season, and this inconvenience occasioned
the proposal to cut a channel from Long pond toward Mud pond, and thus
increase the volume water in the latter and the stream which flowed from
On June 6, 1810, the inhabitants of Glover and adjoining towns who
were interested in the matter, assembled to the number of about sixty at
Keene's Corners, and thence proceeded to the northern shore of Long pond
and commenced digging a channel, through which was to flow the water considered
necessary for the comfort of those residing on the banks of Barton river.
The channel was commenced about three feet from the waters of the pond
and descended to the point where the descent was rapid towards Mud pond.
When all was ready the connection with the pond was effected by removing
the barrier which had been left, and the water issued through the opening
with only moderate force, but to the surprise of the workmen it did not
follow the channel dug, but descended into the sand beneath. It appears
they had not observed that under the deposit of “frozen gravel,” or hardpan,
a species of quick sand, and the stream, sinking through the broken deposit,
began to wash away the earth. In a short time so much sand was carried
away, thereby weakening the hard pan, that the pressure of the water widened
the channel into a deep gulf, down which a large stream rushed towards
Mud pond. The workmen now becoming alarmed retreated to a safer distance
from the constantly increasing stream, though some barely escaped. The
waters having finally demolished the hard pan, which, with the quicksand
had held them, rushed with an impetuous force towards Mud pond, tearing
and destroying whatever impeded their progress, leaving but a yawning chasm
and wide-spread desolation behind. In their course they excavated a channel
nearly a quarter of a mile in width, and from eighty to one hundred feet
in depth. With such rapidity did the immense body of water pursue its wild
flight, that but a few moments elapsed before Long pond had entirely disappeared
from its bed. Rushing down through Mud pond, tearing away part of its barrier,
and gaining additional strength from its tributary waters, the torrent
swept down the channel of Barton river, and made a rapid descent toward
the meadow lands in Barton. Through all this distance it tore up the forest
trees, and bore them onward as trophies of its power, while huge stones
were moved from their places, and often carried for a great distance by
the force of the deluge. So powerful was the force that after a course
of seventeen miles a huge rock, estimated to weigh one hundred tons was
moved several rods from its bed.
The path hollowed out by the waters was thirty or forty rods wide,
and, in some places, from twenty to sixty feet deep. Not only were the
mills swept away, with the mill-dams, but also the ground for many feet
around, and even the bed of the river found a new channel for itself. As
the mingled mass of water, sand, and timber reached the more level country,
it expanded itself, but still marched onward in its devastating career,
reaching Lake Memphremagog in about six hours. The largest trees were torn
up, and in some places where clearings had been made, the torrent left
them buried many feet deep in debris, so that for years they were unreclaimable;
but as the alternate dry seasons came on, year after year, the debris decayed
and was burned out, until they are now rich alluvial flats. Such is the
history of Runaway pond.
The geological structure of Glover is composed almost entirely of
rocks of the calciferous mica schist formation. In the central part, extending
the whole length of the territory from north to south, is a narrow bed
of hornblende schist, and in the extreme western portion there is a considerable
bed of granite. Some iron ore has been discovered, and sulphur springs
are common, also several beds of marl suitable for manufacture into lime.
In 1880, Glover had a population of 1066, and in 1882, was divided
into ten school districts and contained eleven common schools, employing
five male and sixteen female teachers, to whom was paid an aggregate salary
of $1,198.00. There were 276 pupils attending common school, while the
entire cost of the schools for the year, ending October 31st, was $1,517.27,
with W. F. Clark, superintendent.
Glover, a post village located on the eastern part of the town,
on Glover brook, contains two churches (Universalist and Congregational),
one hotel, two stores, furniture shop, butter-tub manufactory and about
West Glover, a post village located in the northern part of the
town, on the outlet of Parker pond, contains a church (Union), one store,
a sawmills grist-mill, and about twenty dwellings.
E. Dwinell's cabinet shop, located on road 30, was built for a wheelwright
shop in 1830. Joseph R. Dwinell, father of the present proprietor, converted
it into a cabinet shop in 1849, and in 1854, J. Elmer Dwinell purchased
the property. The machinery is operated by water-power. Mr. Dwinell employs
four hands and manufactures all kinds of furniture.
C. S. Leonard's tub factory, located on road 30, was built by him
in 1878, and run as a box factory until 1879, when he put in machinery
for the manufacture of tubs. He employs from two
to five hands and manufactures about 12,000 tubs and 3,000 boxes annually.
L. H. Nye's tannery, located on road 30, was built in 1840, and
purchased by Mr. Nye in 1844. He employs three hands and turns out about
$5,000.00 worth of stock annually.
Martin Abbott's carriage factory, located at Glover, was originally
built for a cloth dressing mill, and was purchased by Mr. Abbott in 1865,
who does a general business in the manufacture of all kinds of carriages,
wagons and sleighs.
Horace A. Whitney's saw, shingle and grist-mill, located on the
outlet of Parker's pond, turns out 5,000 feet of lumber and 8,000 shingles
per day. The grist-mill does custom work.
Eli B. Partridge, located on road 27, is engaged in distilling oils
from cedar, hemlock, tansey, etc.
It was not until many years after its charter was granted that anything
was done towards the settlement of the town. In 1793, James Vance
passed through the town on his way to Canada, and, it seems, became impressed
with the idea that the soil was peculiarly rich and fertile, and that the
town would make a very pleasing home for a pioneer. Accordingly,
some time after his journey, he purchased 160 acres in the northern part
of the township, where his son, Samuel, now resides, upon which, in 1798,
he commenced a settlement, opening the march of civilization and progress
to the wilderness town.
Mr. Vance was then twenty-nine years of age, and came from Londonderry,
N. H. He and his wife, Hannah Abbott, of Dracut, N. H., spent the remainder
of their long lives here, leaving a numerous progeny in this and surrounding
towns. Mr. Vance died November 26, 1864, aged ninety-five years.
Ralph Parker was the next settler. He came from New Haven, Vt.,
soon after Mr. Vance, and located at the southern extremity of Parker's
pond, where he immediately opened a public house. Mr. Parker became the
first town representative, and held other positions of trust. He was also
agent for the sale of lands in the town, so became quite a prominent man
among the settlers who came after him, and also quite popular. Mrs. Parker
is described as a very superior woman, known and loved by the people far
and wide. She died in August, 1811, her funeral sermon being preached by
Rev. Salmon King, of Greensboro, from which sermon we learn that Mrs. Parker
"died in the thirty-fifth year of her age, leaving a disconsolate husband,
four sons and two daughters, and numerous, acquaintances to mourn
her loss." One of these sons, Daniel Penfield Parker, was the first child
born in the town. Soon after the death of his wife Mr. Parker removed to
Rochester, New York.
Samuel Cook, the next settler, came during the year 1799, made a
clearing, and brought his family on in March of the following year, the
snow being four feet in depth. In 1805, he was elected captain of the first
military company formed in the town.
Samuel Bean and Jonas Phillips also located here in 1800, so that
it gave the town in that year a population of thirty-eight souls.
After this settlers came in more rapidly, so that in 1807, there were about
seventy resident families, numbering about 250 individuals. Owing to the
loss of the records it is impossible to give the early proceedings of the
inhabitants. The first town meeting, however, was held not far from the
year 1800, probably in 1803, the following persons being present: Ralph
Parker, James Vance, Andrew Moore, John Conant, Asa Brown, and Levi Partridge.
Mr. Parker was the first justice of the peace and first representative,
elected to the latter office in 1803.
Jonas Phillips came from Athol, Mass., and located on road 12, where
he resided until his death, July 12, 1849. He reared a family of twelve
children, seven of whom are now living. Hiram, the fourth child, born in
1808, has always resided here. He helped to build the first church in the
town, and has seen the building of every house in the village, has held,
nearly all of the important town offices, and has never been confined to
the house on account of sickness. Samuel, the fifth child, born in 1812,
is now a retired farmer.
Silas Wheeler, from Connecticut, came to this town about 1800, and
settled upon the farm now owned by E. A. Norton, where he built a log house
and resided a number of years. About 1812, he removed to the place now
owned by Samuel Phillips. He died about 1860. His wife, Cloe, died a few
years previous. Of their seven children, only Silas, Jr., and Ira are living.
Silas, Jr., born December 13, 1810, resides at South Glover, and is prominent
in local military affairs. He married Mary Parker and has seven children.
Ira is a resident of Albany.
Benjamin Spaulding came from Plainfield, Vt., about 1810, and settled
in the eastern part of Craftsbury, where he remained until his death. His
son, Noah, married Phebe Pendell, of Saratoga, N. Y., and resided in Craftsbury
about thirty years. He represented that town in the legislature, was a
justice of the peace twenty-five years, and was known as one of the best
school teachers in the county. He finally came to this town and died here
at the age of eighty-three years. His wife died at the age of eighty-nine
years. His brother, Benjamin M., now resides here, aged eighty-three years.
Ira Colburn came to Glover, from New Hampshire, in March, 1804.
He reared a family of thirteen children, five of whom are now living, and
died in 1861, aged seventy-nine years. His wife died in 1838 aged fifty-seven
years. Luther Colburn was born in July, 1819 married Jane Scott, of St.
Johnsbury, and has lived in the same school district fifty-eight years,
never having been over thirty-three miles from his place of birth. He has
a family of nine daughters.
Michael Ufford came to this town about the year 1800, married Marcia
Nelson and reared four children, none of whom are living, and died in 1865.
His only son, T. J. Ufford, married Sophia Cutler and had a family of five
children, all of whom are living. He died in 1880. His widow resides with
one of her sons at Barton village.
Nathan Norton, from Strafford, Vt., came here in 1803, and located
on road 43, where he built the second frame house in the town and kept
an hotel for a number of years. Nathan, Jr., the third of his nine children,
ran the hotel several years after the death of his father, and died in
1865, aged seventy years. He held most of the town trusts, and reared seven
children, three of whom settled in Glover, Elijah A., Dana, and Sarah W.,
the wife of Amos Clark.
Jonathan Movers came to Glover, from New Hampshire, at an early
date, and located upon a farm in the western part of the town. From
there he removed to Canada, where he died in 1842. Only one of his five
children, Peter, located here. He was born in 1795, and, in 1826, located
upon the farm now owned by his daughter, Almira, where he died, in 1874,
aged seventy-nine years. Almira was born in 1828. She had one brother,
William, who died some years since.
Nathan Cutler, whose father was one of the earliest settlers in
Craftsbury, came here from that town about 1800, and located on the farm
now owned by his son, Charles. He died in 1828, aged forty-five years,
having reared a family of six children, all but one of whom are living.
Charles, the second son, born in 1810, has always been a resident of the
town, excepting a few years spent in Barton. He has had a family of six
children, two of whom, Emily H. (Mrs. David Baker), and Charles F., reside
here. Henry Cutler, first son of Nathan, born in 1808, has been a resident
of the town since 1851.
John Sherburne, from Canada, came to Glover in 1812, locating upon
a farm in the central part of the town. He died in Sheffield at the age
of eighty-two years. Two of his eight children settled in Glover. John,
Jr., his third son, born in 1804, has always been a resident of the town,
and five of his six children now reside here.
Noah Leonard, from Keene, N. H., came to Glover at an early date,
locating at the village. He reared six children, four of whom settled in
the town, and died in 1874, aged seventy-five years. Charles S., his second
son, born in 1830, has always been a resident of the town.
Zenas French, from Keene, N. H. with his father, Silas, located
in Greensboro in 1804, on road 9. Zenas was born in 1795, and in
1818, came to this town, locating upon the farm now owned by his second
son, Lindol, and the following year built the house and barn now standing
thereon, the barn being the oldest in the town. Lindol is the only one
of the fourteen children now residing in the town. He has held the office
of selectman since 1875, and has eight children living. Lindol, the youngest
son of Silas, born in 1802, lived in Glover from the time he was four years
of age until his death, in 1880. He held several of the town offices,
among which that of representative a number of years. Miss
Amanda Frost, a descendent of the French family, lives in the first frame
house built in the village.
Joseph Owen, a son of Hon. Daniel Owen, an ex-governor of Rhode
Island, came to Barton at an early day to look after his father's interests
in that and adjoining towns, and finally made a permanent settlement in
this town. Mr. Owen became quite prominently identified with the public
interests of the county, and seven of his children now live here. Philander,
his second son, born in 1809, made it his home in Glover from early boyhood
until his death, in 1882. He was engaged in farming and milling, and took
an active part in the public affairs of the town and county. His father
located in this town on account of the flooding of his Barton property
by Run-away pond. Clarence P., the only child of Philander, was born
on the place he still owns in 1844. He has held the office of United States
inspector of customs at Keokuk, Iowa, for two years. He has two children
living at home.
Charles E. Graves, from Maine, came to Glover at an early date and
located upon a farm in the Western part of the town, and finally located
in the northern part, where he died, in 1844, aged sixty-five years. Four
of his twelve children located in Glover. GeorgeW., one of his younger
sons, born in 1823, has always resided here. Nathan E., the youngest of
his five children, born in 1857, has resided here all his life.
Gabriel Patterson, a native of Scotland, came to Glover about sixty
years ago, and, in 1825, located upon the place now owned by his son, John
M. He and his wife celebrated the fiftieth anniversary of their wedding
day in 1875, and both are now living, enjoying excellent health. Seven
of their ten children are living, and four, John M., Luther W., and Gabriel,
Jr., own adjoining farms in Glover. I. T. Patterson, another
son, is the present sheriff of the county.
Joseph Bardwell, from Canada, located at an early date upon the
farm now owned by his grandson, Edwin, where he died, in 1845, aged sixty-three
years. Four of his seven children located in the town.
John Crane, a native of Tolland, Conn., came to Glover from Williamstown,
with his family, in 1810, locating near road 33. One of his children was
the first person buried in the cemetery on road 33. Mrs. Mary
E. Darling and Mrs. Lydia F. Dwinell are the only descendants of John living
in the town. Mr. Crane was always known as "Squire Crane," having held
the office of justice of the peace for many years.
Solomon Dwinell, from Keene, N.H., came to Glover in 1818, and located
upon the farm now owned by his son Joseph and grandson Dwight J.
He held most of the town offices, and that of associate judge of the county
court. Three of his family, Albert, Cornelia, and Joseph, now reside in
Nathaniel Drew, from Wolfsboro, N.H., at the age of ten years came
to Glover with his father, in 1818, locating upon the farm now owned by
John O. Drew. Two of his seven children still reside here.
Cephas Clark came to Glover in 1816, and located upon a farm in
what was long after known as the Clark neighborhood. Five of his eleven
children still reside in the town. Cephas C., the second son, was seven
years of age when his father came here, and remained a resident until his
death, in 1869, aged sixty years. Ezra L., the youngest child of Cephas
C., born here in 1855, married Addie A. Skinner, in May, 1880, and now
resides on road 24.
William and Garvin Anderson, from Ayrshire, Scotland, came in 1820,
and located in the western part of the town. Garvin now has a family of
six children and owns one of the best farms n that part of the town. John
Anderson, brother of Garvin, came in 1831, and has resided on the place
he now occupies for forty years.
Isaac Drew, from Eton, N.H., came to Glover in 1820, locating in
the central part of the town, where Mr. Norton now resides. Six of his
eight children are living, five in Glover. Rufus L., the fourth child,
born in 1835, now resides with his wife and three children on road 20.
He was engaged in mining in California seven years, and during the late
war served in Co. D, 6th Regt. Vt. Vols.
Thomas Baker, from Keene, N. H., came here in 1821, locating in
the northern part of the town on road 7, where he died in 1850, aged fifty-seven
years. Two of his five children are living. David, the fourth child, born
in 1830, has reared a family of eight children, and resided upon the farm
he now occupies since 1868.
Samuel Day, from Acton, Me., came to Glover in 1828. He had a family
of seven children, of whom Edward B., the eldest, born in 1850, resides
on road 48.
E. Loomis Stanton, son of Harrison Stanton, who located in Barton
about 1850, is now on road 25, manager of one of the largest stock-farms
in the town. During the season Of 1882, he wintered 113 head of cattle.
William Halloway, a native of England, came to Glover in 1836. Two
of his children now reside here. Edward, the oldest, has resided on the
place he now occupies twenty-six years.
James Simonds, from Landoff, N. H., came to Glover village in 1833,
and in company with his brother, Enoch B. Simonds, purchased the country
store of Gray & Drew, the only one in the place. James was soon after
elected town lister, which office he held thirty-four years; he also represented
Glover in the legislature three terms, has been town clerk and treasurer
twenty-eight years, only resigning in 1883, on account of failing health.
He was chosen assistant county judge two terms, and has been a justice
of the peace many years. When he came here Glover village consisted of
a few dwellings, the Universalist church, a store, and small saw and grist-mill.
Arthur Gilmour, from Scotland, came to Glover in 1842. He married
Elizabeth E. Miller and reared a family of eight children, six of whom
now live at home with him.
John Salmon, a native of Scotland, came to Glover in 1844, and located
on road 20, where he resided until his death, October 16, 1881, aged sixty
eight years. Six of his eleven children are now living in the town.
John, Jr., his second son, has resided here since five years of age.
John Borland, from Ayrshire, Scotland, settled in the northwestern
part of the town in 1849 and subsequently purchased the farm he now occupies,
on road 12. Mr. Borland had two sons, and has been a deacon of the
Congregational church a number of years.
Lewis A. Chase was born in Westminster, Vt., January 20, 1818. When
twelve years of age he removed with his father to St. Johnsbury, where
he remained six years, and from that time, 1836 to 1843, he resided in
different towns in Caledonia county. He then located in Barton, remained
five years, then after an absence of two years, returned and bought the
farm now owned by Asahel Buswell. After spending two years on this farm
he sold out and purchased the place he now occupies, on road 17, in this
town. He has a family of six children. One son, A. C., owns with him the
farm of 320 acres. Another son, Bradford, is assistant secretary of Oberlin
Hon. Dr. Wilbur F. Templeton, a native of Sanborton, N. H., was
born in 1836, graduated from the Eclectic Medical College, of New York
city, of which he has since been for several years a trustee, and located
in Glover in December, 1864, where he has since been engaged in the practice
of his profession. The Vermont State Eclectic Medical Society has chosen
him its president four successive years, and he has held various other
offices in that organization. In 1876, '78, and '80, he represented the
town in the legislature, and is now a State senator from Orleans county.
During the late war, Glover furnished ninety-five enlisted men,
nineteen of whom were killed or died from wounds or disease contracted
while in the service. The expense to the town for procuring men was $19,875.00,
to which should be added $3,300.00 paid by eleven men for commutation,
equaling $23,175.00. The close of the conflict, however, found Glover free
from war debt.
The First Congregational church, located at Glover and West Glover,
was organized July 12, 1817, by Rev. Samuel Goddard and Rev. Luther Leland,
with sixteen members. Rev. Reuben Mason was the first pastor. In 1830,
a church building was erected at Glover, and one in 1832 at West Glover.
In 1853, the house at Glover was given up to other denominations and a
new structure built there, while the expense of the West Glover building
was partly borne by the Methodist society. The building at Glover will
seat 300 persons, and the West Glover building 250 persons, the whole property
being valued at $4,500. The society now has 104 members, with Rev. B. S.
The Methodist Episcopal church located at Glover village, was organized
as a station on the Craftsbury circuit in 1818 and as a separate charge
in 1861. The society occupies a church at Glover in connection with the
Congregational church, and also owns, in connection with other denominations,
a. house at West Glover. Rev. J. Thurston is pastor.
The Spiritualist Society of Glover village was organized by Lyman
Darling, with thirty-three members, November 13, 1878. The society now
has about the same number of members, with no regular preacher, their meetings
being held in the Universalist church.
The First Universalist church, located at Glover village, was organized
by John Crane, Warren Sartwell, Lindol French, Silas Wheeler and others,
with twenty-five members, in 1833. A church building was erected during
the same year, and was replaced by the present building in 1856, a wood
structure capable of seating 250 persons and valued at $3,500.
John Crane came to Glover, from Williamstown, Vt., in 1810. He was
a very zealous and earnest believer in the Universalist doctrine, and it
was through his influence different ministers of the gospel visited the
town and preached their doctrines, making their stay principally at his
house. Rev. William Farwell preached the first Universalist sermon in town,
and Revs. Babbitt, Loveland, Palmer, and Watson supplied occasionally for
several years, after which believers were so numerous that they employed
and settled a minister, Rev. I. W. Ford, who labored hard for the society,
and cause of Christ during his stay of five years; was always blessed with
a good choir leader, Joseph H. Dwinell, a fine tenor singer, and always
at his post. In 1848, Rev. S. W. Squares was settled as pastor, and was
succeeded by Rev. T. J. Tenney, in 1852, who finished his earthly pilgrimage
here in 1855, having left memories behind precious in the hearts of many.
After him Rev. George Severance was settled as pastor for the term
of fourteen years, with the exception of two years by Rev. A. Scott. The
society was then destitute of a settled preacher from 1869 to 1876, when
it was reorganized by Rev. W. E. Copeland, who remained one year. After
him Rev. E. W. Pierce was engaged as pastor, remaining four years. He was
a good, faithful, earnest worker, both in the society and Sabbath school.
For the past year Rev. B. M. Tillotson has officiated a quarter of the
time. He is a very able man, one to whom all denominations
like to listen, and he always has a large congregation.
of Lamoille and Orleans Counties, VT.; 1883-1884, Compiled and Published
by Hamilton Child; May 1887, Page 264-267)
was provided by Tom Dunn.
- 1858 ~ First and Original Record Book of the Congregational Church
of Glover, Vermont
- 1884 ~ Glover Business Directory
1926 - 1984
~ Glover Town Reports: List of deaths