of Grant or Charter
~ 29 June 1762
an uninhabited township six miles square, in the northern part of the county,
in lat. 5º 10' and long. 44º 53', is bounded northeasterly by
Averill, southeasterly by Bloomfield, southwesterly by Brighton and northwesterly
by Avery's Gore. It was chartered June 29, 1762. It is mountainous and
its streams are small. Lewis's pond lies in the northwest part.
of Caledonia and Essex Counties, VT.; 1764-1887,
Compiled and Published by Hamilton Child; May 1887)
Lewis does not
have a town clerk.
is Copyrighted To Karima © 2002
or questions concerning submitting material for this web site, or volunteering
the Essex County Coordinator.
Part of the
USGen Web Project.