Instructions for Online Microfilm Orders from Family History Library
Microfilms will be delivered to CGL in 1-2 weeks!
1) Use the online catalog to search the microfilms available. You can search by subject, location, title, etc. Write down the film numbers of the microfilms you find of interest. Books may not be ordered
2) Navigate to the site below to order the films online. Be sure to place an extended microfilm order¯in the Loan Type¯ on the left. This allows CGL to keep the films indefinitely, or until recalled by FHL.
3) Create a FamilySearch account and sign-in. Look in the top right corner of the FHL website to register if you do not already have a FamilySearch account. It's free to register
4) Create your default FHL location within your account. CGL will be your default location, of course! https://www.familysearch.org/films/familysearch/fhc/view/
(Use this link to set My Family History Center to CGL within your account once you are signed-in)
5) Determine your payment method, credit card or paypal, and proceed with the order process.
6) Please email email@example.com with confirmation of your order. This will assist us with notifying you when the films arrive.