Deweysburg Gore, also called Dewey's Gore", was chartered by the Vermont Legislature on February 28, 1782. In 1810 the land in Deweysburg Gore, also known as "The Boot", was divided between the towns of Danville and Peacham.
There was an area near Keiser Pond that was called either "Stovepipe Alley", "Rouser Town", "Paradise Alley", or "The Way - Phillips Gypsy Camp" by the local people. The name was thought to have originated because the people in that area were nomadic and the dwellings were shacks.
Please refer to the Peacham pages for the Deweysburg-Woodard Cemetery.