World War II Army Enlistment Records

This series contains records of approximately nine million men and women who enlisted in the United States Army, including the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps. Although incomplete, the records contain data for a majority of the enlistments in the United States Army during World War II.

These records are available from NARA. I have copied them to a spreadsheet in order to make them easier to read.

NOTE: It is obvious to me that some of the spelling of the names are mangled but the actual records are NOT available online to double check the spellings. I did attempt to check some of them through the records available on but the spellings are still not correct with those records.

World War II Army Enlistment Records, created, 6/1/2002 - 9/30/2002, documenting the period ca. 1938 - 1946 - Record Group 64

There are two groups of records in this series:

Army Enlistment Records for Addison County ONLY (1042 Records)

Reserve Corps Records for Addison County ONLY (46 Records)

What do you do if you find a person of interest listed in the spreadsheet?

Go to the NARA website, and click "search within a field". Enter your person's last name into the text field and click "Search". A list of people will come up on screen. To view additional details about their record, click "view record".

The Army Serial Number and other information found here can be used to request the service files for veterans.

From NARA's FAQ:

How can I find military service records of World War II veterans? NARA’s National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis is the depository for military service records for most personnel discharged since the early 20th century from the U.S. Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Coast Guard. A 1973 fire at the St. Louis center damaged or destroyed many pre-1964 Air Force and pre-1960 Army records. However, NPRC uses many alternate sources, including the WWII Army Enlistment Records, in its efforts to reconstruct basic service information to respond to requests. Military service records are not online. If you are a veteran or next-of-kin of a deceased veteran, you can request copies of records from NPRC online via All requesters should visit the for information about accessing military service records and other related information.