is located in the northeast corner of the north field of the old Renfrew farm where James Renfrew Sr settled upon arrival from Scotland in 1804 with his wife and 7 children. . It's eastern boundary was the Groton-Ryegate line and it's northern border was the Orr Rd, more recently known as the Frank Hooper Rd. Upon sale of the farm by Alexander Renfrew in the 1860s, the remains of those buried there were moved to the old Village Cemetery where a monument of Blue Mountain granite was erected to the family. The old burial plot is now a part of Charles Hooper's field and no trace of it is now evident.

Information taken from "Mr. Glover's Groton".


Caledonia County Vermont Genealogy Project
Vermont GenWeb Page
USGenWeb Page

Return to the Groton, VT main page


Caledonia County Genealogy Project - Founded 21 September 1996
Groton Vermont Page established 2 November 1996
This site created by Jim Dresser and maintained by: Donald L. Smith
E-mail to Don Smith
Copyright 1997 by Jim Dresser