HEADS OF FAMILIES AT THE FIRST CENSUS OF THE UNITED STATES TAKEN IN THE YEAR 1790
VERMONT - CHITTENDEN COUNTY -
The names of the heads-of-households, as reported on this census, are found below. They are arranged, in alphabetical order, by surname. Following the names are a series of numbers which represent the entries reported in the respective columns for the household. The order of the columns (and numbers reported) are shown in the order in which they appear.
Please note: Though a column for the number of "slaves" was included among the U. S. Census questions, some of the Vermont towns/townships apparently chose NOT to include a column for "slaves." When this column was not included on the census pages, the column order below will be "missing" this column as well. Also, for the towns which did not include this column, the names will be followed by 1 less number.
1. Free white males of 16 years upward, including heads of families
2. Free white males under 16 years of age
3. Free white females including heads of house
4. Total All other free persons [number of black males over 16, number of black males under 16, number of black females when reported in this manner]
5. Page number within parenthesis (p. ? )
Free white males under 16 years = 10
Free white females including heads of families = 4
All other free person = 0
Slaves = 0
Total = 39
Disclaimer: Though the information on this web page is believed to be correct, the possibility of error remains. Please notify the webmaster should an error be found.
| VTGenWeb for
CHITTENDEN County, VT
Copyright 2004 by Ann McRoden Mensch. All Rights Reserved.