Cyfarchion o Poultney, (Greetings from Poultney), Vermont USA
Poultney Area St. David's Society, Inc., was founded October, 1988.
"Working to preserve and promote Welsh history and culture in Vermont, New York and throughout the world."
The Vermont/New York "Slate Valley" comprises the townships of - Benson, West Haven, West Castleton, Caslteton, Blissville, Hydeville, Hubbarton, Fair Haven, North Poultney, Farnamsville, Poultney, East Poultney, South Poultney, Wells, North Pawlet, Pawlet, West Pawlet, West Rupert and Rupert in Vermont and Hampton, Jamesville, Raceville, Truthville, Middle Granville, Granville, South Granville, Porter, West Hebron, Whitehall, and Salem in New York.
- EVENTS (and sponsors). Click to the left on the word EVENTS for news, sponsor information and updates about the 2015 concert tour of Côr y Penrhyn (the Penrhyn Welsh Male Voice Choir) and their Sept 1 & 2 revisit to the Rutland County (Vt) and the Washington and Warren County (NY) regions.
Tuesday, September 1st - Poultney, Vermont - "Welcome-Back-to-the-Slate-Valley" Day - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 2nd - Queensbury, New York - 7 p.m. - concert by Côr y Penrhyn, the Penrhyn Welsh Male Voice choir
*************COUNTDOWN **** September 2nd, 2 p.m. EST - the Penrhyn choir is tonight.
Tickets - a LIMITED # - for the choir's concert event in Queensbury, New York are still available for purchase.
Ticket seatings in the $30, $25 and $15 sections are currently [September 2nd, 2 p.m.] available.
All tickets remaining are first come, first serve for purchase at the door tonight, concert night.
We are no longer able to accept telephone or email requests.
*****NOTE: Senior citizens resident in or anywhere near Poultney may purchase $30 ticket seats directly from the Young At Heart Center and ride for FREE in their coach to the concert event. Contact: Kathy @ Young At Heart - email@example.com or (802)-287-9200 to make arrangements to do go with YAHC.
Concert tickets remaining are first come, first serve while they last.
- Amseroedd Y Cwm (Valley Times) our Society newsletter, is published both hard copy editions as well as on-line editions for our members.
- Press releases are sent to our members inbetween the hardcopy and online newsletter mailings to always keep our members up-to-date about Society and Welsh news.
1. Past History and Events
- we've had many events since our 1988 founding. We are uploading data about these so this portion of our website will be an on-going project by society volunteers.
You are visitor number: since Sunday, June 07, 2009
Created by Ted Rice on Tuesday, February 22, 2000. Last updated Dec-1-2014 .
Flag graphics provided by GIFworks, Daffodils by Iband