Photos on this site by Bonnie Garner
Holy Cross Cemetery
Also known as Washougal Catholic Cemetery
or Gibbons Creek Cemetery
Some history of the cemetery
On May 9, 1900, Anton and Barbara Gresz donated approximately 1.7 acres
to the Diocese of Nesqually for the creation of a new church and cemetery.
Holy Cross Cemetery in Washougal in Clark County was established on this site.
Holy Cross Cemetery was also known as the Washougal Catholic Cemetery.
The cemetery is under the administration of St. Thomas Aquinas Parish in Camas.
In 1987 CCGS published a book,
Clark County Washington Cemeteries, Vol. Three, containing this cemetery.
At that time it was indicated the cemetery "is now abandoned and overgrown."
In 2007 there have been some fairly recent burials.
Located about 34812 Sunset View Road & Evergreen Highway,
one block east of the city limits of Washougal, Washington.
Mailing address: 324 NE Oak St, Camas, WA 98607
About 35 marked graves.
or e-mail with a click below.
Return to Clark County Cemeteries
Some of our graphics
are from Rhio's Sampler.
Click above to visit her site.
Thanks to Rootsweb for
hosting our web page.
Last modified on Sunday, September 02, 2007