Clark County, WA
Posted Queries for January thru May 1998
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- p#WILEYWILEY posted by Sherry Routh on Sunday, January 11, 1998
- My name is Sherry Routh My grandmother's birth cetificate has her born in Manor, Clark County, Washington. I am looking for information on an incident that happened to her. Dortha WILEY born 23 Apr 1907, when she was 7 to 9 years old ( 1914-1916) her father, Frank Orville Wiley, was put in jail for burning down their house.
- a#FOOTEFOOTEh#MARBLEMARBLE posted by Geri Guzman on Saturday, January 17, 1998
- FOOTE, Jeremiah Henry: Jeremiah Foote (Jarry)lived in the Vancouver area around 1945. He remarried a woman there ? There was a stepdaughter that later moved to CA. Her name was Florence____. Jarry was from England and had lived in Klickitat County from 1906-08 through(with occasional trips away) 1922, when his wife Clara "Belle" Barrett died. He left 5 living children after her death, and traveled back to Eng, possibly Plymoth Eng., as thats where his mother (elderly) was living during the bombing by Germans in England. Jeremiah told the tale of his mother being dug out by hand after the bombing, to his son and wife, Delbert and Gladys Foote,Canby OR. Jeremiah died in Newton Abbot,Devon,ENG 1963. If you knew Jeremiah or have any information concerning him or his wives, I would appreciate hearing from you. There is a little known fact that the Foote name in this line only goes back a couple of generations, and the correct name is "MARBLE". His grandmother or gr.grandmother ,in ENG, remarried a Foote,and all the children took on the husbands surname "FOOTE". Any further information on this is greatly desired, otherwise I am at a stand still researching my grandfather's ancestors. All of Jeremiah's children have died. Thank you for any consideration you may give inclusive or exclusive.
- h#LINDSAYLINDSAYp#STROUSESTROUSE posted by Arnold Lindsay on Sunday, February 1, 1998
- Looking for the ancestors of LINDSAY, John B. b. Dec 25, 1820 Ohio. arrived Clark County, Washington 1 Nov 1850 married STROUSE, Mary Elizabeth b. 1842 in Iowa: 1856. Mary Strouse parents were John Strouse and Rachael Strandbera. John B. Lindsay was born in either Harrison or Hamilton county, Ohio.
- a#AYERSAYERSa#BRUNDAGEBRUNDAGEa#CRABBCRABBa#GREELYGREELYh#HALLHALLh#MORGANMORGANp#POTTERPOTTERp#SCOTTSCOTTp#VOLTSVOLTSp#WEBBWEBB posted by KHindley@aol.com on Sunday, February 1, 1998
- Searching for descendants of the following individuals: Eustice B. SCOTT b;May 6,1871 Oh., his father Uriah Bonser SCOTT passed away at his home in 1913,in Ridgefield, Clark Co. WA Charles D. SCOTT b;1873 wife was Lydia Van Fleet, Charles was a brother of Eustice B. SCOTT. Samuel M.WEBB b;1835 Va. wife was Mary Ellen Taylor b;1846 Va. family migrated to Crawford, Clark Co.Wa. in 1882. Known children were, Margaret E., George W.,Nancy C.,Elbert T., Samuel B., Charlie E., Stella R., & Jen. Stephen CRABB b;Apr.2,1838 d;1918 Clark Co. Wa. wife was Margaret Ann BRUNDAGE, known children were, Francis M., married Carrie HALL, Lucy, married Samuel B.MORGAN, William O., John J., married Frances Maude GREELY,Anna A., married Harley H. AYERS, Chester A., Steven E.,Walter G.,married Cecile A. POTTER, Grace M.,married William VOLTS.
- a#BETZINGBETZINGp#SUTHERLANDSUTHERLAND posted by Clayton Betzing on Friday, February 13, 1998
- Am researching Family History. Need information on John BETZING b.Germany 10/22/1848 Died 1904 age 55. John was clothes tailor, volunteer fireman (Vancouver). John had a son also named John Betzing +AD4- b.9/15/1888 in Vancouver we think. Died 11/22/1954. Worked on Bailey Gatzert sternwheeler+ADs- also as a motorman for Vancouver Transit which ran to Orchards and as far as Proebstel, also worked for Columbia River Paper Co., before it became Boise Casade, ended career as a walking foreman in warehouse. Married a Lillian Elizabeth SUTHERLAND, b.1/7/1880, died 8/9/1953. Need info on whether or not John Betzing Sr. had any brothers or sisters, also help getting death certificates for John, or his wife. Any census that gives names listing prior to 1890's. Any help most appreciated. Contact Clayton E. Betzing+AD4-Millington, Michigan. e-mail email@example.com
- a#BURTBURTa#CARTERCARTERa#GIDEONGIDEON posted by Larry Hindley on Sunday, February 22, 1998
- Searching for descendants of the following family: Alexander K. BURT b;1853 d;1905 Vancouver,Wa. married in 1877 to Sarah GIDEON, known children were Nellie b;1884 and Allie b;1882 Allie married Elwood CARTER in 1900 in Vancouver,Wa.
- h#MCINTYREMCINTYRE posted by Linda on Sunday, March 8, 1998
- MCINTYRE, Thomas. I trying to locate any descendents of Thomas McIntyre b. ca 1835 in Glasgow, Scotland. Came to US ca 1855 with brother John. Known to have served in the CW, possibly out of Michigan. Last known to have been in Elsmere, Clarke Co. WA in 1904, per information in sister-in-law's pension papers. Any help appreciated.
- a#BORKINBORKINp#WAYMANWAYMAN posted by Helen Endecott on Sunday, March 22, 1998
- Do descendants of Clare O WAYMAN still live in the state of Washington? He died and was buried at Vancouver Wa. 21 December 1944. He had two daughters,Ardele Wayman born Sept 1919 married Sam BORKIN (WHERE?)and Phyllis Elaine Wayman born Nov 1920 married a man named Gareldson (or Haroldson) (where?) Phyllis and her husband possibly lived in North Carolina after their marriage. He may have been in the military. One of these girls had a daughter I believe. Both Phyllis and Ardele were born in Minnesota. Clare Wayman was my uncle. Thanks for any help. Helen Endecott, 8807 Pointer Lane, Derby Ks 67037-8803
- a#ALLISONALLISONa#BLEWITTBLEWITTa#CATLINCATLINa#GOFFGOFFh#JOHNSONJOHNSONh#LEWISLEWISh#MURPHYMURPHYp#STEWARDSTEWARDp#TOOLEYTOOLEYp#WINTLERWINTLER posted by Steve Christy on Tuesday, April 7, 1998
- Two families in the Vancouver/Portland area are related to my family line. Charles LEWIS, husband of Temperance ALLISON, moved from South Dakota to Washington State in the early 1900s. His children were Maude LEWIS (GOFF), Hortense LEWIS (BLEWITT), and Harvey LEWIS. Charles remarried at some point to Nellie MURPHY. I don't know how long they lived there, only that Charles must have moved to Tacoma because he died there in 1926. Charles' brother James Henry LEWIS was my great-grandfather and was a gunsmith in Pierre, SD The other family is that of George H. STEWARD, once a territorial judge in Yamhill County, OR but also served in the Washington Legislature in 1878 and afterward. He was a member of a party of surveyors which included my great- great-grandfather Eber LEWIS who built bridges in Oregon near Lafayette. George's children were E.F. STEWARD (TOOLEY), Annie STEWARD (WINTLER), Kate STEWARD, Louise STEWARD, C.W. STEWARD, and Fred STEWARD. George's sister Elizabeth STEWARD was Eber Lewis' wife, and his other sister Delphine STEWARD married William R. JOHNSON of Lafayette. Both the LEWIS and STEWARD families lived in Fountain Co., IN as well as Vermilion County, IL. I'm looking for descendants of either of these families who might have more about George STEWARD's parents John Richard STEWARD, born CT about 1790 and Catherine CATLIN, date of birth unknown. Catherine is said to be related to the painter George CATLIN but I have yet to establish that relation. I am also looking for descendants of Charles LEWIS who might have another portion of Eber LEWIS' diary of his expedition to Oregon in the 1850s. We have the first portion that covers the voyage from Illinois to somewhere north of St. Louis on the Missouri River. The diary was divided between the LEWIS brothers sometime after Eber's death. Any info appreciated.
- a#BERTILSDOTTERBERTILSDOTTERa#CHRISTIANSONCHRISTIANSONh#JOHNSONJOHNSONh#NELSONNELSON posted by John C. Engel on Friday, April 10, 1998
- I'm looking for information on the Charlie JOHNSON family from around the turn of the century. His wife was Anna Beata CHRISTIANSON or BERTILSDOTTER (b. 19 Oct 1846 in Drangsered, Halland, Sweden). They farmed in Clear Lake, Wisconsin until about 1892, then moved West, perhaps immediately to Vancouver. They may have had a daughter Elvie, or more children. They were still living in Vancouver in about 1913-1915, when joined by Anna Beata's sister's family from Wisconsin. That was the Andrew John (A.J.) NELSON and Anna Johanna CHRISTIANSON family. Anna Johanna was said to have picked hops during the family's year or two in or adjacent to Vancouver. I need any information on this Johnson family; we (Anna Johanna's descendants) have no contact with them. John C. Engel, 2359 S. 78th Street, West Allis, WI 53219
- a#BUCHANANBUCHANAN posted by Michelle Day on Sunday, April 26, 1998
- I am looking for any information on Philip M. BUCHANAN, b. 1830 in Columbus, Fayette County, Indiana; m. Adeline Riggs; d. 9 June 1899 in Vancouver, Clark County, Washington. He came to Washington in the early 1850's. Thank you for your help.
- a#GARCIAGARCIA posted by Carlos Maqueda on Wednesday, May 6, 1998
- Please, can you inform me, If Mr. Herman Garcia, whose last known address is 3010 V street Vancouver,WA 98663-2957, is still alive. Regards, CM
- a#h#HOMARHOMAR posted by Joyce Finch on Monday, May 25, 1998
- Seeking information on the family of Kate Elizabeth HOMAR, born 14 July 1895 in Manor, WA. Daughter of Gustovus HOMAR and Anna ________. Need more information on Kate's parents and siblings. any help will be appreciated.
- a#ALEXANDERALEXANDER posted by Joyce Finch on Monday, May 25, 1998
- Need information on the ALEXANDER Family. James Howard ALEXANDER was born in Manor, WA 21 Feb 1894. Need parents and siblings. Was his father James K. ALEXANDER?
- a#COCHRANCOCHRANa#GUNNGUNNp#WARDWARD posted by Teri Rene Da Var Howard on Saturday, May 30, 1998
- George COCHRAN was born about 1770-1780 somewhere in Virginia. He served in the war of 1812. In 1830 (possibly as early as 1812) he resided in Pickaway County, Ohio. His wife was "Mary", surname unknown. George & Mary COCHRAN had (2) two children: -- George Cochran (Jr.) born abt 1807 somewhere in Virginia. In 1833 he married Hannah WARD in Pickaway County, Ohio. He moved to Iowa about 1839. He married Susan GUNN. He died in 1887 in Linn County, Iowa. -- Nancy COCHRAN born about 1812 in Pickaway County, Ohio. She married William Franklin WARD. In 1857 she resided in the state of Washington. In 1896 she died in Clarke County, Washington. Abraham WARD (father-in-law to Nancy COCHRAN) was born about 1770 somewhere in West Virginia. He served in the war of 1812 (Ohio). By 1807 he resided in Allen County, Ohio. By 1833 he resided in Pickaway County, Ohio. -- William Franklin WARD was born abt 1807 in Allen County, Ohio. He married Nancy COCHRAN in 1830 in Allen County, Ohio. He died in 1864 in Linn County, Iowa. ANY information regarding these two families would be appreciated.
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.