In 1919, twenty-two ladies met with the purpose of establishing a Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Their first meeting was held at the home of Eleanor Burdick McCoy for tea, cakes, and company. It was decided to call the chapter "Fort Vancouver" because many of the charter members were relatives of the original Pioneers that settled the area and traded at the Fort. A charter was received with 23 charter members on February 18, 1919, with Mrs. Eleanor Burdick McCoy as its first Regent. Members met in various homes for the first 10 years.
Today our membership runs around 100 and we continue to promote the goals of our Society: History, Education, and Patriotism. We fly our flag with pride, knowing the sacrifices that were made by our forefathers to give us the freedoms that we enjoy.