Individuals wishing to join the National Huguenot Society shall be:
1) of the Protestant faith;
2) 16 years of age or older;
3) believers of the Huguenot principles of faith and liberty; and
4) lineally descended from a qualified Huguenot ancestor.
A qualified Huguenot ancestor meets the following criteria:
- A Huguenot without regard to ethnic origin or particular sect of the Protestant faith, who subsequent to December 10, 1520, and who, prior to the promulgation of the Edict of Toleration on November 28, 1787, emigrated to America or found refuge in some other country, or
- A Huguenot who, in spite of religious persecution, remained in France (meaning any territory lying within the Kingdom of France on the date of the Edict of Toleration November 28, 1787).
Membership in the National Huguenot Society is composed of the member Societies organized in a State or Territory of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. Members of such Societies automatically belong to the National Huguenot Society.
List of Qualified Huguenots
Application Form from National Website
Who are the Huguenot? | Washington State Society | Eligibility & Membership | Scholarship Opportunities | Links | Contact
© Copyright 2009 The Huguenot Society of Washington State