Board of Directors
Projects, Publications and Newsletter
Research in Washington
Local Speakers Directory
Genealogical Societies in Washington
Annual Society Volunteer Awards
Objectives of the Washington State Genealogical Society
- shares information about genealogical activities and resources from individual members and local, county, state and national organizations.
- promotes the preservation of and access to public and private genealogical and historical information.
- co-sponsors an annual genealogical conference in partnership with a local host society.
- issues a Washington State Pioneer Certificate to all who can prove their ancestor was in the Territory of Washington before 11 November 1889, and issues a First Citizen Certificate for those whose ancestor was in the state before 31 December 1900. (Click on the Projects link at left.)
- promotes communication through individual participation and regional representation.
- publishes a bi-monthly newsletter of local, state and national genealogical information including a calendar of events.
WSGS Membership Brochure
(click for printable copy)
Membership in WSGS is available to individuals, families, and societies.
WSGS now offers an Affiliated Membership option for member societies. Click here for information on this new option. OR
Click here for a regular application, or write to WSGS Membership Chairman, 1901 S 12th Ave, Union Gap, WA 98903-1256.
Our 2013 conference will be held Friday - Saturday, June 28-29, 2013, in Yakima, Washington.
"Researching Rare Apples on Your Family Tree"
Keynote speaker will be
Board Member Utah Genealogical Society
Graduate National Institute of Genealogical Research
and Member Genealogical Speakers Guild
Hosted by the Yakima Valley Genealogical Society
Click here for the latest details.
Still undecided about attending our conference? Take a look at last year's conference info and some photos...
We all had a great time! Come join us this year!
Check our past seminar page for some photos!
WSGS Conference Guidelines
The WSGS Conference Guidelines are being updated and will be reposted when the update is completed.
We hope your society will consider hosting a WSGS Conference.