- Archdiocese of Seattle Archives & Records, Mailing Address: 710 9th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104-2017, 206-382-4352
- Black Diamond Historical Museum, 32627 Railroad Ave, Black Diamond, WA 98010-9762 phone 360-886-2142
- Eastside Genealogical Society Library, Located at the Bellevue Regional Library, 1111 110th N.E., Bellevue, WA. 425-450-1760. Some of their books are available on inter-library loan to another library for library use only.
- Exciting Finds at a Family History Center and In Your Own Computer, Leslie Edmunds: Presenter of Family History Library Resources, Gene-A-Rama 2007, held on March 17, 2007, has graciously permitted us to make her handout (Word Document) available for downloading.
- Fiske Genealogical Foundation Library, 1644 43rd East, Seattle, WA (43rd East & East Blaine). 206-328-2716. This library is located in the lower level of the Pioneer Hall. A large collection of New England information plus much more. $5.00 daily usage fee for non-members.
- Kent Historical Society, 855 E. Smith Street, Kent WA, 253-856-5185, open Wed - Sat, Noon to 4:00 pm.
- Heritage Quest Research Library, 1007 Main St. Sumner, WA. 253-863-1806. An excellent source of all types of genealogical material. There is a $5.00 daily usage fee - $35.00 yearly fee.
- King County Administration Building, 500 - 4th Ave, Seattle, 98104, 2nd floor, vital records-birth & death; 3rd floor, Clerk - marriage, land & mortgage records.
- King County Archives, 1215 East Fir Street, Seattle, WA. 206-205-1398. E-mail: email@example.com. Open 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, by appointment only. The microfilm research room is located at the King County Archives facility and is open to researchers, Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Use of machines is first-come, first-served. No appointment is required for use, but there will be a 15 minute time limit when other researchers are waiting.
- King County Courthouse 501 - 4th Ave, Seattle 98104, 6th floor, Clerk Superior Court, King County - probate, divorce & criminal case files.
- King County Law Library, Located in the King County Courthouse in Seattle. 206-296-0940. They have the first De-Cenninal Digest.
- Klondike Gold Rush Museum, 117 South Main Street (Pioneer Square), Seattle, WA. 206-553-7220.
- LDS Family History Centers
Films are available on a rental basis, to be used at the local FHC. There is a small charge for the rental from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, UT. They have librarians on duty to help you find what you need. Call for days & hours that they are open.
- Auburn FHC, 625 M St. N.E., Auburn, WA. 253-735-2009.
- Bellevue FHC, 10675 N.E. 20th, Bellevue, WA. 425-454-2690.
- Everett FHC, 9809-19th Ave SE, Everett, WA 98208
- Federal Way FHC, 34815 Weyerhauser Way S., Federal Way, WA. 253-874-3803.
- Maple Valley FHC, Four Corners & Kent-Kangley, Maple Valley, WA. 425-413-7566.
- Puyallup South FHC, 13420 94th Ave. E., Puyallup, WA. 253-840-1673.
- Redmond FHC, 10115 172nd Ave. N.E., Redmond, WA. 425-881-7488.
- Seattle (Burien) FHC, 14020 Ambaum Blvd. S.W., Burien, WA. 206-957-0792 Hours: 2-9, Tue-Thu.
- Sumner FHC, 512 Valley Ave., Sumner, WA. 253-863-3383.
- Tacoma FHC, 5941 S. 12th (12th & Pearl), Tacoma, WA. 253-564-1103.
- Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) - Check out their Photo Collection under the "Collections" link!
- National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) -Pacific Alaska Region (Seattle), 6125 Sand Point Way, Seattle, WA. 206-336-5115. Here you will find all of the federal census records, federal records for Washington, Oregon & Idaho, Native American records, military records, naturalization records from this area, ship passenger lists, and much more. They have a microfilm copy machine and all copies (of any size) are $ .30. Hours of operation are as follows: M-F 7:00 am - 4:30 p.m. They are also open the first and second Tuesday and the first and second Saturday of each month.
- Northwest African American Museum, 2300 South Massachusetts St., Seattle, WA 98144. 206-518-6000.
- NW Seaport/Maritime Heritage Center, 1002 Valley St., Seattle, WA. 206-447-9800.
- Pacific NW Railroad Museum, 38625 SE King Street, Snoqualmie, WA 98065 425-888-3030.
- Puget Sound Genealogical Society, Cindy Shawley Spore Memorial Genealogical Research Library, 2501 SE Mile Hill Dr., Suite A 102, Port Orchard, WA, 98366, 360-874-8813, Library Hours: Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- The Renton and Highlands Libraries are now part of the King County Library System.
Renton Library, 100 Mill Ave S., Renton, WA 98055
Highlands Library, 2902 NE 12th Street Renton, WA 98056.
Highlands Branch has the Renton Reporter newspaper collection.
- Seattle Genealogical Society Library, 6200 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA. 206-522-8658. They have an excellent collection of genealogical material. $5.00 daily use fee for non-members.
- Seattle-King County Historical Society, 2700 24th East, Seattle, WA. 206-324-1126.
- Seattle Public Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Seattle, WA 98104, 206-386-4636, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Genealogy Librarians are available to assist researchers with their genealogy questions during the following scheduled hours at the Level 9 Reference Desk of the Central Library: Monday 11 a.m.-12 noon & 1-3 p.m., Tuesday 2-7 p.m., Wednesday 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Thursday 12-3 p.m., Friday 1-4 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m.-12 noon & 2-5 p.m., Sunday 2-5 p.m. The Collection has grown to become the largest genealogy book collection in the Pacific Northwest and is part of the Special Collections Department.
- South King County Genealogical Society Library, Located at the Auburn Public Library, 1102 Auburn Way S., Auburn, WA. 253-931-3018. Materials are for use at the library. A large collection of Genealogical Books and Bulletins. Be sure to check the Vertical File located next to the book collection.
- South King County Genealogical Society Circulating Library, This collection is available for use at each Society meeting. Check out for one month is for members only. Includes books, tapes, and videos.
- Suquamish Museum, 15838 Sandy Hook Road, Suquamish, WA. 360-394-8496
- Suzzallo and Allen Libraries, University of Washington Campus, Seattle, WA. For hours: 206-543-0140. For information: 206-543-0242.
- Tacoma Historical Society, 747 Broadway, Tacoma, WA. 253-472-3738.
- Tacoma Public Library, 1102 Tacoma Ave. South, Tacoma, WA. 253-591-5666. Parking next to library, two hours free for library use. Get parking token at the main desk. They have a large collection of genealogical material.
- Timberland Regional Library, 313 8th Ave SE, Olympia, WA. The Olympia Genealogical Society has purchased many books and resource materials for the genealogy collection held here. (360) 352-0595.
- Washington State Archives, 1129 Washington Street SE Olympia. Washington/Northwest Room of the library has Washington State material only; census, county histories, land records, death record index, and newspapers. In the Local History collection they have all known publications relating to Washington, its counties and cities. The staff indexes newspapers and periodicals for WA State subjects, 1965 to date. They also have a name index to WA State individuals mentioned in newspaper and periodical sources.(360) 586-1492. Email: email@example.com.
- Washington State Library, Points Plaza East, 6880 Capital Blvd SE, Tumwater, WA. (360) 704-5200
- Washington State Archives Puget Sound Regional Branch, Pritchard-Fleming Building, 3000 Landerholm Circle SE, on the campus of Bellevue Community College. 425-564-3950. Hours: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday by appointment only. They have state records for King, Kitsap, and Pierce Counties. Call ahead to let them know the area of your research. Research phone number: 425-564-3940; Research email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WA State Archives Regional - other Branches. Check this web site for contact and location information for the other 4 regional branches throughout Washington State.
- Washington State Historical Society, 1911 Pacific Ave, Tacoma WA - open for research Tues, Wed, Thurs, 12:30 - 4:30 pm, by appointment, phone 253-798-5914, 1-888-238-4373
- White River Valley Museum, 918 H Street SE, Auburn Comm. Campus, Auburn, WA 98002 phone 253-288-7433 Wed - Sun, 12 noon - 4:00 PM
- Wing Luke Asian Museum, 407 7th Ave. South, Seattle, WA. 206-623-5124.
South King County Genealogical Society
PO Box 582, Auburn, WA 98071-0582
All material on this site is protected by copyright.
Copyright © 1999-2015
by the South King County Genealogical Society
Send comments, suggestions or updates to: SKCGS Webmaster
This page was last modified: 2-Sep-2015 15:46 MDT