SKCGS Surname File Box
Surnames being researched by members of South King County Genealogical Society
Society members submit information to the Surname File Box to learn whether others in the Society are researching the same names or geographical locations.
Surname File Box entries are published on the SKCGS Web site with the members permission.
How to respond to Surname File Box entries:
Members and non-members may reply. Please send an e-mail to the member who posted the entry. Also mention that you found the entry on the SKCGS web site.
How to submit to the Surname File Box:
Only Society members may submit to the Surname File Box.
- Complete the Surname Database Information Sheet
- Fill out the form, save it as an Adobe.pdf file and send it as an email attachment, or print the form and mail it to the address on the form or give it to the Surname Box Coordinator.
Include your name, mailing address, and e-mail address.
- Surname and Given name
- Locations or Migration Routes
- Time Period for each family group you are researching
- Would you like to include your entry in the So King News and/or SKCGS Web site? Yes/No
- SMITH, John NH > VT > WI 1770-1850s
- BROWN, Charles NH > NY > IN 1800-1900
Send your information to the Surname File Box Coordinator .