Tacoma-Pierce County Genealogical Society
Become a Member
Membership in TPCGS is open to anyone interested in genealogical research. The purposes of TPCGS are to stimulate a popular interest in family history, to seek genealogical and historical knowledge, to preserve and perpetuate the records of our ancestors, and to collect and publish genealogical source material of Pierce County and the Puget Sound Region. TPCGS is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit corporation. Your monetary gifts are tax deductible, actively solicited, and most welcome.
- $22 US per year for an individual membership, or a library/society membership.
- $25 US for a joint membership (two members, same address, one copy of The Researcher.)
- Memberships outside the United States are $30 US per year.
- Society Patron membership is $100 US.
Our fiscal year begins January 1, therefore dues are payable at the January meeting for the year to follow. Complete the membership form, make membership checks payable to TPCGS, and mail both the form and the check to:
TPCGS Membership Chairman
PO Box 1952
Tacoma, Washington 98402-1952
Be sure to completely fill out the membership form and include your name, telephone number, mailing address including full zip code, e-mail address, fax number, maiden name (if applicable), and note whether the membership is new or a renewal.
Benefits of membership in TPCGS:
- Membership includes a one year subscription to the society's publications -- approximately five Newsletters and one expanded Researcher.
- Members can submit their surnames of interest to the Ancestor Exchange project.
- Members can submit queries regarding their research to be published in The Newsletter and on the TPCGS web site.
- Monthly meetings with informative and entertaining speakers!
To all new members: We need volunteers!
TPCGS has many projects in the works and can always use help from members who have computers and a bit of spare time. If you are interested in helping out, contact the TPCGS Projects Chairman, Janet Baccus at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (253) 537-8288.