Tacoma-Pierce County
Genealogical Society

Tacoma-Pierce County Genealogical Society

Changes in Pierce County School Districts Since their Inception

Researched and Collected by Janet Nixon Baccus


Many Pierce County (Washington) researchers are baffled by changes that have taken place in county school districts over the years. Often school names simply disappear from the location where they were first found, and it becomes difficult to trace an ancestor's progress through the time periods of consolidations. The valuable index (in its entirety below) details those changes in order to help you research your Pierce County ancestor.

The school records for some of the schools listed below and the original information for this index can be found at:

Puget Sound Regional Archives of Washington State
Bellevue Community College
3000 Landerholm Circle SE, Bldg. N (the Pritchard-Fleming Bldg.)
Bellevue, Washington 98007
Telephone: 425-373-3940
Fax: 425-373-3945


We are very grateful to Janet Baccus for her generosity in sharing this index with the online genealogical world! This index was originally published in the TPCGS Researcher in Volume 26, Number 1.

For related information, also see either of these pages on the TPCGS web site:

SchoolDistrict #JoinedDateNew SchoolNew District #
Alder84Mashel #22 to Alder #330 on 1 June 1925; consolidated1 September 1949Eatonville404
Alder330Consolidated with Eatonville on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Alderton11Joined with Rhodes Lake #58 on14 June 1939Alderton345
Alderton345To (?)#418, then to Sumner #320 at dateunknownSumner320
American Lake44Tillicum #109 to American Lake South #312; then on1 July 1941Clover Park400
American Lake So.312In 1916 aka Lakeview. Consolidated1 July 1941Clover Park400
Anderson Island24(Bee-Vega) Bee (McNeil) #51 and Gertrude (McNeil) #103 joined on28 March 1928



then became1939Anderson Island24
Arletta39Consolidated as Peninsula on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Arline117In 1916 aka South Prairie; Orting #9 joined Orting #321 on11 May 1920



Orting #321 and Crocker #95 became Orting #344 at dateunknownOrting344
Artondale14Wollochet #71, Midway #79 to Narrows Bridge #346 on11 March 1940



consolidated as Peninsula on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Ashford70With #89 to Ashford #308 on2 July 1905



#308 & Ashford #98 to Ashford #3311 June 1925



consolidated1 September 1949Eatonville404
Ashford98Formed 1 Feb 1902; part transferred to Ashford #308 on21 September 1905



In 1912 aka Longmire Springs. Then Ashford #98 & #308 consolidated on1 June 1925



as Ashford #331; consolidated1 September 1949Eatonville404
Bee
(McNeil Is.)
51Gertrude (McNeil Is.) #103 to #336 on28 March 1928;



attached to Anderson Island1939Anderson Island24
Benston16With Kapowsin #65 & Graham #106 to Kapowsin #329 on21 March 1924



Kapowsin #340 & Thrift #41 to Kapowsin #347 on1 July 1946



consolidated25 May 1949Bethel403
Bethel403Consolidated as present-day district on25 May 1949Bethel403
Bleedhorn52aka Riddle or Brandt School; Roy #28 to Roy #310 to Roy #318 on6 August 1919



#318 & #301 to Roy #319 on4 November 1919



located 5 miles E of Roy; consolidated with Bethel on25 May 1949Bethel403
Bloom
(aka Clark)
54To McKenna #12; to McKenna #339 on11 June 1929



to McKenna #341; located on Roy Muck Rd. SE of Roy; joined Yelm #400J (in Thurston County)3 May 1930Yelm400J
Boville Prairie__Between Hillhurst &Lakeview; S of McChord Field__________________
Brandt52aka Bleedhorn or Riddle School; to Roy #28, to Roy #310, to Roy #318 on6 August 1919



#318 &#301 to Roy #319 on4 November 1919



Located 5 mi SE of Roy; consolidated on25 May 1949Bethel403
Bryan96Riverside; called Bryan in 1910; absorbed1 July 1962Puyallup3
Buckley46Spiketon #97 to Buckley #326 on13 June 1921



#326 to Buckley #327; to Buckley #338; consolidated1 July 1953White River416
Buckley108Marion #21 &Buckley #326 on15 May 1922



to Buckley #327; to Buckley #338 at dateunknownWhite River416
Buckley326To Buckley #327; to Buckley #338; then on1 July 1953White River416
Buckley327To Buckley #338; then joined White River on1 July 1953White River416
Buckley338To White River #416 (King Co.); to White River #416 (Pierce Co.); consolidated on1 July 1953White River416
Burnett42To Buckley #327; to Buckley #338 on31 October 1928



Buckley #338 to White River (King Co.) #416 and White River # 416 (Pierce Co.) on1 July 1949



consolidated on date of1 July 1953White River416
Calder---aka Dominic (or Dominique) Prairie. Located on Wm. Elder's land; consolidated with Roy in1904Roy28
Carbonado19With Fairfax #92; then consolidated on1 July 1953Carbonado406
Central Avenue124Consolidated on date of10 January 1949Franklin Pierce402
Chambers ?50Opened 1886; then became McKenna #53 &joined to Harts Lake #306 on15 May 1905



Harts Lk #306 &McKenna #339 (McKenna #12 &Clark to McKenna #341; located 3 miles S of Roy; joined Yelm #400J, Thurston County.3 May 1930Yelm400J
Clark
(aka Bloom)
54To McKenna #12; to McKenna #339 on11 June 1929



to McKenna #341; located 4 to 5 mi SE of Roy; joined Yelm #400J in Thurston County.3 May 1930Yelm400J
Clay City
(Eaton.)
113Eatonville #73 &Lake Head #101 to Eatonville #316; to #332, to #333, to #334, to #335; consolidated on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Clay City
(Ohop)
56With Holtz ? #90 to Clear Lake #309; to Eatonville #334 on24 January 1928



consolidated on date of1 September 1949Eatonville404
Clear Lake309In 1912 aka Holtz. Holtz ?#90 &Clay City #56 absorbed by Clear Lake #309 &Clay City #113; to Eatonville #334 on24 January 1928



consolidated on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Clover Creek4Was absorbed on dateunknownBethel403
Clover Park400Consolidated on1 July 1941Clover Park400
Clover Park
(aka Union High)
204Lakeview #2 formed Clover Park Union High Dist. #204 composed of #314, 312, 119, 77, 2; consolidated1 July 1941Clover Park400
Collins107Was absorbed on10 January 1949Franklin Pierce402
Cresent Valley37In 1912 aka Gig Harbor. Consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Crocker95To Orting #321 on12 June 1939Orting344
Cromwell91Consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Custer77Consolidated on1 July 1941Clover Park400
Dieringer68Lake Tapps #29; became on8 June 1936Dieringer343
Dieringer343Lake Tapps #29 to Dieringer #68 on8 June 1936Dieringer343
Dominique Prairie ..---Joined Roy before 1919; aka Dominic Prairie; was absorbed on dateunknownBethel403
DuPont7Was absorbed on date unknownSteilacoom1
Eatonville73Lake Head #101 &Clay City #113 to Eatonville #316 on8 July 1919



#316 &Tanwax #63 to Eatonville #33224 March 1927



#332 &Silver Lk. #76 on21 January 1928



to #334; #334 &Kreger Lk. #40 to Eatonville #3351 September 1949Eatonville404
Eatonville316Tanwax #63 to Eatonville #332 to Eatonville #334; consolidated with others on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Eatonville333Consolidated with others on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Eatonville334To Eatonville #335 on13 March 1928



#334 included Roy #90 &Clay City #56 to Clear Lake #309; consolidated with others on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Eatonville335Consolidated with others on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Edgarton66With #57 to Weyerhauser #303 on18 June 1904



to Eatonville #335 on24 December 1905



(Eatonville #334 &Kreger Lake #40); consolidated on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Edgemont342Has always been
Edgemont342
Edgewood27To Edgemont #307 on5 March 1906



(Includes #307, Mt. View #115 &Jovita #193)7 December 1935Edgemont342
Elbe74Consolidated on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Elgin
(Minter)
31Consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Elhi Hill6Sumner #300 (Sumner #8, Mt. View #60) became on..18 March 1920Sumner320
Elcher64aka Price, later Horn Creek #64; joined with Roy..............unknownBethel403
Elk Plain80Consolidated with Bethel on25 May 1949Bethel403
Fairfax92To Carbonado #19 on 1 July 1953Carbonado406
Fern Hill23Annexed to Tacoma #10 (with a small section to Parkland #302)15 November 1913Tacoma10
Fife88In 1912 aka Brookville; became on10 October 1955Fife417
Fife417Formerly Fife #88 &Milton #105; became on dateunknownFife417
Firgrove82Was absorbed on30 June 1950Puyallup3
Firwood99Formed 11 October 1902; 1 August 1905 part transferred to form Milton #1052 March 1907



part transferred to Fife #88; in 1912 aka Reservation; part transferred to Fife #88 on23 April 1914



consolidated on1 July 1960Puyallup3
Flett
(Rigney Hill)
38Attached to Tacoma #10 on31 May 1924Tacoma10
Forest Dale?Abandoned after 1900 or joined Roy #310 (was located 3 miles E of Roy) on dateunknownBethel403
Fox Island104Sylvan #30 to Fox Island #337 on9 April 1928Fox Island337
Fox Island337Absorbed by Peninsula on dateunknownPeninsula401
Franklin Pierce402Consolidated on10 January 1949Franklin Pierce402
Gertrude
(aka McNeil Is.)
103Meridian-Bee #51 to McNeil Island #336 on28 March 1928



then consolidated duringMarch 1939Anderson Island24
Gig Harbor122Lincoln School; territory taken from Crescent Valley #37; with Dists. # 31, 36, 37, 39, 61, 69, 91, 315, 317, 325, 328 &346; consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Gig Harbor Union High School202Composed of Dists. #14, 31, 36, 39, 69, 79, 122 &317; consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Glen Cove61Consolidated with Peninsula on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Graham106Kapowsin #65 to #32913 August 1907



in 1912 known as Morgan Lake; Kapowsin #329 and Benston #16 Kapowsin #340 on21 March 1924



then #340 &Thrift #41 to Kapowsin #347; consolidated.25 May 1949Bethel403
Greendale111Attached to Elk Plain #80 on20 August 1942



aka Peterson-Lodde; consolidated on25 May 1949Bethel403
Gregg?First school in Roy area early 1870s; abandoned early 1870s; located 1 to 2 miles W of Roy; absorbed by Roy on dateunknownBethel403
H. R. Cox120In 1916 aka Fairfax; attached to Fairfax #92 dateunknownFairfax92
Harts Lake306Harts Lake #306 plus McKenna #339; to McKenna #341 on3 May 1930



located ca. 12 miles SE of Roy; consolidated with Yelm in Thurston County15 March 1942Yelm400J
Herron100Lake Bay #17 to Lake Bay #311; #311 &Home #86 to Lake Bay #315; consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Hillhurst20Dissolved 26 Feb 1906; located ca. 7 miles N of RoyunknownBethel403
Hillhurst62To Roy #95 on3 December 1904?



To Roy #301; to #318; to Roy #319 on4 November 1919



consolidated25 May 1949Bethel403
Holtz ?
(Roy)
90With Clay City #56; absorbed by Clear Lake #309 &Clay City #113; to Eatonville #334 on24 January 1928



consolidated on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Home86With Lakebay #311 to Lake Bay #315; then on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Horn Creek64To Roy #319 on11 June 1928



located ca. 9 miles SE of Roy; consolidated on25 May 1949Bethel403
Jackson---Located N of Judson School at present location of Ft. Lewis buildings; absorbed on dateunknown?---
Jovita193Mt. View #115 &Edgewood #307 on7 December 1935



to Edgemont #342; absorbed by Puyallup, dateunknownPuyallup3
Jovita307Dieringer #68; Edgewood #27 and Jovita #193; consolidated on dateunknownEdgemont342
Judson
(Roy)
72Land taken by U.S. Army in 1919; was located ca. 5 mi NW of Roy; school absorbed dateunknownBethel403
Kapowsin65Graham #106 to Kapowsin #329 on21 March 1924



#329 and Benston #16 joined Kapowsin to become #340 on12 March 1930



#340 became Kapowsin #347 and consolidated with Bethel on25 May 1949Bethel403
Kapowsin329To Kapowsin #340 on12 March 1930



to Kapowsin #347 and consolidated on25 May 1949Bethel403
Kelley Lake47Located near Lk Tapps; to Sumner #320 on1 May 1963Sumner320
Kirby49Annexed to Elk Plain #80 on27 October 1947



then on25 May1949Bethel403
Kreger Lake40To Eatonville #334 on13 March 1928



to Eatonville #335; consolidated with Eatonville on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Lacamas324Located 7 miles E of Roy; annexed on1 July 1963Bethel403
Lake Bay17With Herron #100 to Lake Bay #311; #311 &Home #86 to Lake Bay #315; consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Lake Bay315Lake Bay #17; Herron #100 to Lake Bay #311 and Home #86; consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Lake City75With University Place #83 to Lake City #314; in 1912 aka American Lake; consolidated on1 July 1941Clover Park400
Lake City314Consolidated as part of Clover Park on1 July 1941Clover Park400
Lake Head
(Eatonville)
101Eatonville #73 &Clay City #113 to Eatonville #316 on18 July 1919



Eatonville to #332; to #333; to #335; consolidated as Eatonville on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Lake Tapps29To Dieringer #68 on8 June 1936Dieringer343
Lakebay
(Herron)
311To Lake Bay #315; consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Lakeview2To Custer #77; then became American.Lake South #312 (#44 &#109); joined with Lake City #324 (#75, #81) &Park Lodge #119, consolidated on1 July 1941Clover Park400
Leber303In 1912 aka Weyerhaeuser; annexed on30 June 1964Eatonville404
Lemon Beach83Absorbed by University Place Sch. Dist. about1930University Place83
Lincoln/Gig Harbor122Territory taken from Cresent Valley #37; with #31, #36, #37, #61, #69, #91, #315, #317, #325, #328 Ś consolidated as Peninsula on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Longbranch32To Longbranch #37 &#118 to Longbranch #326 on15 May 1922



consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Longbranch87Longbranch #32 &#118 to Longbranch #328 on15 May 1922



consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Longbranch118Longbranch #32 &Longbranch #37 to Longbranch #328 on15 May 1922



consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Longbranch328Absorbed by Peninsula on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Marian21Connels Prairie #108 &Buckley #326 (Buckley #46 &Spiketon #97) on13 June 1921



Buckley #327 &Burnett #42 to Buckley #338 in1928



then on1 July 1953White River416
Mashel22In 1912 aka Alder; to Alder #84 on1 June 1925



to Alder #330; then #330, Elbe #74, Ashford #331, and Eatonville #335 consolidated on1 September 1949Eatonville404
McAlder (?)418McMillan #43 &Alderton #345 to #418 on1 July 1956



annexed to Sumner on31 December 1957Sumner320
McKenna12Clark #54 to McKenna #339 on11 June 1929



#339 &Harts Lake #306 on3 May 1930



McKenna #341 attached to Yelm #400J in Thurston Co.15 March 1942Yelm400J
McKenna53Horn Creek #50 to Harts Lake #306 on15 May 1905



#306 to McKenna #339; joined to McKenna #3413 May 1930Yelm400J
McKenna341Consolidated with Yelm in Thurston Co.15 March 1942Yelm400J
McMillan43To McAlder(?) #418; then attached to Sumner, dateunknownSumner320
McNeil Island336Came under jurisdiction of Anderson Island in1939Anderson Island24
Middleton---Once located near Murray Station on railroad line near territorial militia grounds; present Camp Murray of WA National Guard; abandoned on dateunknown-------------------
Midland67With Parkland #45 on15 November 1904



to Midland #304; consolidated with Franklin Pierce on10 January 1949Franklin Pierce402
Midland304Created from part of Fern Hill #23, Midland #67 &Parkland #45; consolidated on25 May 1949Franklin Pierce402
Midway79Artondale #14 &Wollochet #71 to Narrows Bridge #346 on11 March 1940



consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Milton105Absorbed by Fife on10 October 1955Fife417
Mt. View60To Sumner #8 on19 September 1904



to Sumner #300; #300 &Elhi Hill #68 joined duringMarch 1920Sumner320
Mt. View115Edgemont #307 &Jovita #193 onDecember 1935



to Edgemont #342; joined Puyallup on dateunknownPuyallup3
Muck Creek78aka Roy Muck #78 &Roy #34 to Roy #305 on2 May 1905



#305 &#310 to Roy #318; #318 &#301 to Roy #319 on4 November 1919



consolidated25 May 1949Eatonville404
Narrows Bridge346Consolidated with Peninsula on22 August 1941Peninsula401
National (?)89With Ashford #70 to Ashford #308 on30 June 1905



with #98 to Ashford #331; consolidated on1 September 1949Eatonville404
NisquallyunknownSchool started ca. 1870 on Mount's land, top of Nisqually Hill; absorbed byunknown-------------------
North Puyallup110In 1912 aka Reservation; absorbed by Puyallup (?)unknownPuyallup (?)3
Oak Knoll5To Rapjohn #85; located 5 NE of Roy on Henry Murray's Donation Land Claim on Muck Creek; in 1912 aka Muck; absorbed by Lacamas on20 June 1920Lacamas324
Orting9Arline #117 to #321 on11 May 1920



Orting #321 &Crocker #95 to Orting #344; consolidated on12 June 1939Orting344
Park Lodge119Consolidated with Clover Park on1 July 1941Clover Park400
Parkland45#102 to Parkland #302 on12 December 1903



joined with Collins #107, Central Avenue #124 &Midland #304; consolidated with Franklin Pierce on10 January 1949Franklin Pierce402
Parkland102Parkland #45 to Parkland #30210 December 1903



then10 January 1949Franklin Pierce402
Parkland302Parkland #45 &Parkland #102 To Parkland #302 on10 December 1903



consolidated on10 January 1949Franklin Pierce402
Peninsula401Consolidated as a district on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Peterson-Lodde111aka Greendale attached to Elk Plain #80 on20 March 1942



consolidated with Bethel on25 May 1949Bethel403
Price64aka Elcher; later Horn Creek #64; joined with Roy #319 on11 June 1928



located on Harts Lake Loop Rd 10 miles SE of Roy; absorbed on dateunknownBethel403
Purdy36Consolidated with Peninsula on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Puyallup3Puyallup Heights #114 attached30 March 1942Puyallup3
Puyallup405Consolidated and district number changed on30 March 1942Puyallup3
Puyallup Heights114Attached to Puyallup #330 March 1942Puyallup3
Rapjohn
(Roy)
85Oak Knoll #5 to Lacamus #324 on26 June 1920Bethel403
Rhodes Lake58To Alderton #11 on14 June 1939



to Alderton #345; thenbecameSumner320
Riddle52aka Bleedhorn &Brandt; to Roy #28; to Roy #310; to Roy #318 on6 August 1919



Roy #318 &#301 to Roy #319 on4 November 1919



Located 5 miles E of Roy; consolidated with Bethel on25 May 1949Bethel403
Riverside93Absorbed by Tacoma #10 &Riverside #96; dateunknown

Riverside96Called Bryan in 1910; aka Reservation in 1912; annexed to Puyallup #3 on1 July 1962Puyallup3
Rock Creek48In 1912 aka Vaughn; Vaughn #35 &#94 to Vaughn #325 on13 June 1921



consolidated22 August 1941Peninsula401
Rocky Ridge59Consolidated with Bethel on25 May 1949Bethel403
Rosedale26With #112 to Rosedale #317; then became on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Rosedale112Rosedale #26 to Rosedale #317 on30 August 1909



consolidated with Peninsula on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Rosedale317Rosedale #26 with Rosedale #112 to Rosedale #317; consolidated with Peninsula on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Roy28Roy #28 formed 5 March 1906; absorbed on25 May 1949Bethel403
Roy34Roy Muck Creek #78 to Roy #305 on2 May 1905



Roy #305 &Roy #310 to Roy #318 on6 August 1919



Roy #318 and Roy #301 to Roy #319 on4 November 1919



consolidated with Bethel on25 May 1949Bethel403
Roy301Hillhurst #62 &Roy #301 to Roy # 318 (#305+#310) to Roy #319; on6 August 1919



consolidated on25 May 1949Bethel403
Roy305Made up of #34 &#78 + #310 on6 August 1919



became #318 + #301 on4 November 1919



became Roy #319; consolidated with Bethel on25 May 1949Bethel403
Roy310Roy #301 became Roy #318 on4 November 1919



became Roy #319; consolidated on25 May 1949Bethel403
Roy Muck Creek78With Roy #34 to Roy #305 on2 May 1905



then #305 &#310 became Roy #318; Roy #318 &Roy #301 on4 November 1919



consolidated on25 May 1949Eatonville404
Ruston55Annexed to Tacoma #10 on1 March 1967Tacoma10
Sequalitchew Lake81Lake City #75 to Lake City #314; consolidated on1 July 1941Clover Park400
Silver Lake76Eatonville #332 to Eatonville #333 on27 March 1927



Dists. #333 to #309 to #335; consolidated on1 September 1949Eatonville404
South Prairie18Continued since territorial days as
White River416
Spanaway121In 1916 aka Spanaway. District absorbed by U.S. Army probably ca.1917------------------
Spanaway322Consolidated with Bethel on25 May 1949Bethel403
Spanaway
(aka Terminus)
13Whittier #25 on19 May 1920



to Spanaway #322, with Rocky Ridge #59, Elk Plain #80, Roy #319, Kapowsin #347; consolidated with Bethel25 March 1949Bethel403
Spiketon97In 1912 aka Pittsburg. Buckley #46 to Buckley #326 on13 June 1921



joined Buckley #327 to Buckley #338; consolidated with White River1 July 1953White River416
Steilacoom1Was originally in territorial days, and has always remained, Pierce County's first school district
Steilacoom1
Sumner8Mt. View #60 on19 September 1904



to Sumner #300; #300 &Elhi Hill #6 became18 March 1920Sumner320
Sumner200Listed in 1912 as Union High School; became by18 March 1920Sumner320
Sumner
(Elhi Hill)
300Part of #300 to No. Puyallup #110 on3 July 1908



part of #300 to Jovita #307 for new Jovita #193; joined with Elhi Hill; all became Sumner on18 March 1920Sumner320
Sylvan30In 1912 aka Fox Island; joined with Fox Is. #1049 April 1928



to become Fox Island #337; was absorbed by Peninsula on dateunknownPeninsula401
Tacoma11Organized 13 September 1869 from part of #2; # changed3 January 1870Tacoma10
Tacoma10Created from eastern half called Dist. #104 April 1874Terminus13
Tacoma10Created from western section of original Dist. #114 April 1874West Tacoma10
Tacoma10Consolidated with Terminus Dist. 135 August 1890Tacoma10
Tacoma10Absorbed most of Fern Hill #2315 November 1913Tacoma10
Tacoma10Absorbed Flett (Rigney Hill) #3831 May 1924Tacoma10
Tacoma10Absorbed Ruston #551 March 1967Tacoma10
Tanwax63In 1912 aka Ohop Valley; joined with Eatonville as #316 on22 March 1927



to make Eatonville #332; then #332 to Eatonville #334 on24 January 1928



finally consolidated as Eatonville on1 September 1949Eatonville404
Thrift41In 1912 aka Summit; then to Kapowsin #340 on1 July 1946



then to Kapowsin #347; consolidated with Bethel on25 May 1949Bethel403
Tillicum109American Lake #44 to American Lk South #312; on1 July 1941Clover Park400
Union High School205Attached Clover Creek #4, Elk Plain #80, Greendale #111, Spanaway #322 &Lacamas #324 on15 January 1941



Kirby #49 added19 January 1946



to add to Dist. #205; consolidated with Bethel on25 May 1949Bethel403
University Place83Originally known as Lemon Beach; renamed ca.1930University Place83
Vaughn35Rock Creek #48 & Vaughn #35 joined with Vaughn #48 as new district #325 on13 June 1921Vaughn325
Vaughn325Consolidated with Peninsula on22 March 1941Peninsula401
Vaughn Union High201Composed of Vaughn #35, Rock Creek #48 & Vaughn #94 joined with Vaughn Grade School #325 on13 June 1921 and 22 March 1941



then made final consolidation with Peninsula on22 August 1941Peninsula401
WallerRoad123Consolidated with Puyallup on30 June 1950Puyallup3
Wauna69Consolidated with Peninsula on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Weyerhaeuser303In 1912 aka Leber; annexed to Eatonville on30 June 1964Eatonville404
Weyerhaeuser(?)57School of this name was part of Edgarton #66 on18 June 1904



All joined Eatonville on1 September 1949Eatonville404
White River416Consolidated with other districts on1 July 1953White River416
Whittier25aka Spanaway in 1912; to Spanaway #13 on19 May 1920



with Spanaway #322; consolidated on25 May 1949Bethel403
Wilkeson15Originally formed as Wilkeson on dateunknownWhite River416
Wilkeson & Carbonado116In 1916 aka Melmont; attached to Wilkinson #15 & Carbonado #19 with new dist. # on10 November 1919Carbonado406
Wollochet71Artondale #14 & Midway #79 to Narrows Bridge #346 on11 March 1940



consolidated on22 August 1941Peninsula401
Woodland33In 1912 aka Summit; absorbed on dateunknownPuyallup3


Top

Tacoma-Pierce County Genealogical Society
PO Box 1952, Tacoma, Washington 98401, USA
Updated Monday, 10 October 2011, 09:56:14 AM MDT
Hosted by RootsWeb
TPCGS Home Page
Copyright © 1996-2014 by TPCGS. All rights reserved.
This site may be freely linked to but not duplicated in any fashion without the consent of TPCGS.
All graphics property of TPCGS.
Contact TPCGS

The Tacoma Pierce County Genealogical Society (TPCGS) is a registered nonprofit corporation recognized by the IRS under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code using EIN 91-1180097. In addition, the TPCGS is a registered nonprofit corporation in the state of Washington under WAC 458-20-169 using UBI 600444975. As such, your donations and contributions may be tax deductible and are greatly appreciated. Fundraising activities are occasionally held for the benefit of the TPCGS.

The purpose of the TPCGS is to stimulate popular interest in family history, to seek genealogical and historical knowledge, to preserve and perpetuate the records of our ancestors, to aid individual members in compiling their family histories, and to collect and publish genealogical source material.