Welcome To Dodge County Wisconsin Genealogy Links
Dodge County Links
Other Useful Links:
- Dodge County, WI Archives hosted by RootsWeb
- Wisconsin Local History Network: Dodge County
- D/JCG - web site of the Dodge/Jefferson Counties Genealogical Society, Inc.
- Beaver Dam Community Library
- Waupun Public Library
- Beaver Dam Daily Citizen newspaper
- History of St. Stephen Lutheran Church in
- Membership list for Trinity Lutheran Church in Ozaukee County
- Beaver Dam Chamber of Commerce
- City of Horicon Chamber of Commerce
- City of Mayville
- Mayville Historical Society
- City of Waupun
- Discover Dodge Co
- Dodge County Historical Society
- Link No Longer AvailableMarvin Zautcke's genealogy pages with information on Dodge County surnames, including: Altman, Amer, Ammer, Aosbeck, Bagl, Bartelt, Barwig, Burwig, Bauer, Beese, Bosin, Brunner, Demel, Frandorf, Gegenpfurtner, Gittl, Gietl, Glier, Guse, Heimerl, Heinz, Hepfe, Herman, Kleeberger, Lehner, Mack, Peters, Schiedemeyer, Schwartzburg, Sterr, Voigt, Waas, Weichlinger, Wild, Yakee.
- Link No Longer Available Rob Bowe's family history pages with information on Dodge County surnames: Bowe, Danielson, Edwards, Olsen-Bo-Anderson, Pearse/Pierce, Swanton, Borchardt, Callies, Christian, Dobberpuhl/Dobberpful/Dobberphul, Kregel, Kreuger, Nass, Zimmermann.
- Nicole Kreuziger's family history pages
The following are some of my Dodge County surnames, ancestral surnames are in caps:
Altman, Ammer, Aosbeck, Bachuber, Bauer, Bazier, BEHLING, Behnke, Brodzeller, Brigowatz, BUBB, BUSKIRK, Cain, Chevalier, Christian, Collien, Engelhardt, Erdman, Ertl, Feucht, Frodel, Giese, GITTEL (Gietl), Gordon, Greiner, Gruber, Gundrum, Hachbarth (Hackbart), Heinz, Hug, Kahlhammer, Kalupha, Kaul, Kehrmeyer, Keller, KLINGER, Kohler, KNUTH, KREUZIGER, LEBAHL, Lehner, Marquardt, MARSCH, Meitner, Metzger, Motl, Neitzel, NEUGEBAUER, Oberberger, Oechsner, O'Mara, PAGEL, Pautsch, Pitterle, Pufahl, Pushnig, Raebel, Reese, Reibel, Reinhard, Roffeis, SCHABEL, Schless, Schmid, Schmidt, Schraufnagel, SCHUSTER, SEEMAN (SIMON), SELL, Shea, Sorgent, Stangler, Sterr, Troffer, Vivoda, Waas, WEIBLINGER, Weix, WILD, and Yost.
The majority of the info concerns the towns of Clyman, Emmet, Hubbard, Leroy, Mayville, Oak Grove, Shields, Watertown, and Williamstown.
- Wisconsin Newspapers
- Wisconsin Local History & Biography Articles
- Wisconsin Obituary Lookup Volunteers
- Detailed Wisconsin county maps
- 1895 US Atlas
- The Wisconsin Historical Society
The Wisconsin Historical Society has several genealogical
services now available online, including a vital record research service
and a database containing obituaries, biographical sketches and
newspaper articles called the Wisconsin Name Index. The web addresses
are Wisconsin Genealogical Research Service and
Wisconsin Genealogy Index
- Archives and Area Research Center at UW-Oshkosh
The State Historical Society of Wisconsin keeps records at regional Area
Research Centers (ARCs). The records for Dodge County are kept at the
Polk Library in Oshkosh, WI. The types of records they have on file can
be found at their site.
- Wisconsin Veterans Museum- home page
- Wisconsin Local History Network
- Wisconsin Register of Deeds Association
- Courthouse Research
by Jim Harrington
"These Web pages will tell you know how to get at the information in vital records at courthouses in Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and what you can expect when you visit a courthouse."
- WisconsinVital Records Information
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services vital records information
- WisconsinDeath index 1959-1979
- 1. After arriving at the site you will notice
that it is a simple two line page. Enter the
surname that you want to find in the box next to
- 2. You will then get another simple web page of a
few lines that will give you the Fiche number and
a link to "Go To Fiche". Click on the "Go To
- 3. You will then get a box with numbers and
letters at the top and left side. Note that "idx"
is located at the upper left and lower right.
Click on either "idx" to get to an index.
- 4. You will get a screen with last name and first
name followed by a letter and a number. The name
shown will be the first name on the Fiche for
that letter number set. For example if you were
looking for Heck, Walter J. you would find him on
Fiche C-01 since the first name on C-01 is Heck,
Oliver D. and the next Fiche starts with Hecker,
- 5. Go back to the Fiche by clicking your back
- 6. Locate the letter "C" and the number "01".
Where the two intersect click on the small "x".
That will take you to the actual record index.
You will see a certificate number, Last name,
First name, Middle Initial, Date of Death,
County, City, Age, Sex, and Reel Number.
- Wisconsin Circuit Court Access
- The library of congress has posted many old Wis. photographs, including Beaver Dam Lake area.
- Origins genealogy book store located in Janesville, WI has Wisconsin books
- Park Books Wisconsin - items related to Wisconsin published by Park Books
- Government Land Records
- 1860 Town Theresa Plat Map
- Vesterheim Genealogical Center & Naeseth Library located in Madison, Wisconsin: Norwegian-American Genealogy
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet
- USGenWeb Information for Researchers
- Board for Certification of Genealogists
A fellow genealogist picked up some old photographs at a yard sale.
If you are interested in any of these photographs, please contact Diana
for further information.
On the back of the pictures is written:
- Viola's wedding, June 23, 1934, Beaver Dam, Wi.
- Schulze's Home 1929.
- Estelle's home, Easter Sunday, April 17, 1927.
- Louise Kriply/Kuply.
- Violet, Ethel & Dot
- Edith, Ray, Ruth
- Lake Namoben July 1933
- Devil's Lake, U of W Camp July 1934
- Others mention Washington Park 1928 and Madison WI 1933.
Wedding Photo: Unknown Couple
Professional Genealogist Specializing in Dodge County
Contact Deb for further information.
Main Dodge Co. Page |
Dodge Co. Links |
Dodge Co. Lookups |
Dodge Co. Queries |
Dodge Co. Surnames |
Township Map |
Newspaper Sources |
Dodge County Pionier (newspaper) Index |
County Map Provided by the Tiger Mapping Service |
WIGenWeb page |
The data contained within this WIGenWeb Dodge County web site is provided FREE of charge. If you link to this page through a service that implies that you will be charged a fee for access to this data, please notify me (Clare Guse). The Dodge County, Wisconsin WIGenWeb site can be linked to directly at WIGenWeb Dodge County, Wisconsin.
Copyright 1998 - 2015 by Clare Guse.
This page was last updated on 26 June 2012.