Browntown Village


Extracted from the "History of Green County, Wisconsin" published by Union Publishing Company, Springfield, Ill. 1884; page 748:
The original plat of the village of Browntown embraces the north half of the northeast quarter of section 9, township 1 north, range 6 east. It was laid out and platted by James DALE in 1882. An addition known as Sullivan's addition was made by James White in May 1882.
The following people represented businesses in 1884: DIVEN & FRISLEY; James DALE; DAWSON & TOMLINSON; ERICKSON; MEIGHEN; Samuel KELLY; James WHITE; Joseph STOVER; J. H. STEALY; Henry FRISLEY.
Other settlers included William VAN HORN.


Back to Towns and Township page

Back to Green County GenWeb page

Webmaster: Debra Bailey Trail
Contributing editor: Donna Long Kjendlie

Copyright Jan. 2002
Last update: Feb. 2002