Martin Village

Extracted from the "History of Green County, Wisconsin" published by Union Publishing Company, Springfield, Ill. 1884; page 750:
In 1849, Edward S HANCHETT obtained a right of Cyrus WOODMAN, to improve a water power on the Pecatonica river, at the point were Martin is now located. In the spring of 1850, Nathaniel MARTIN came.
Other settlers were: J W MITCHELL; Jacob HODGE; Carle HAASE; Frank LUKE; Gustav SCHULTZE; William EDWARDS; William HODGES.
The first postoffice was established in 1865.


Back to Towns and Township page

Back to Green County GenWeb page

Webmaster: Debra Bailey Trail
Contributing editor: Donna Long Kjendlie

Copyright Jan. 2002
Last update: Feb. 2002