Twin Grove Village

Extracted from the "History of Green County, Wisconsin" published by Union Publishing Company, Springfield, Ill. 1884; page 877:
Twin Grove's first start was in 1862, when Harrison CLEVENSTINE opened a store.
Abraham SANBORN and Calvin HALE were the first settlers at Twin Grove.
Jonathan HILL built the first frame house at the corners.
Other early settlers were: Jonathan CABLE, J. A. CHAMBERS, J.S. BROWN, Joseph BELVEAL, E. J. BLACKFORD, Andrew and James W. RODERICK, Nathaniel PRESTON, Lewis ROUB, William BRADLEY, Isaac NEWMAN, and Joseph EMRICK.




Back to Towns and Township page

Back to Green County GenWeb page

Webmaster: Debra Bailey Trail
Contributing editor: Donna Long Kjendlie

Copyright Jan. 2002
Last update: March 2003