Village Incorporated: 1860
First Village President: John Turner
First Mayor: Ira Stewart
First Aldermen: F. H. Ely, F. Underwood, F. McNay and H. Schall
Origin of Name: Named after Milton Maughs who filed the original plat for the city in July 1854
First Bank: December 1869 by J. B. Rosencrans, also the first organized bank in Juneau Co.
source: Juneau County, The First Hundred Years, published 1988
Dockstader, B. F.
Heath, Jeff T.
|Maughs, M. M.
Morris, J. W.
Rogers, H. E.