Dr. Frank E. Andre
As published in
"The City of Kenosha and Kenosha County Wisconsin: A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement"
by Frank H. Lyman Vol. 2, The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co., Chicago, 1916.
Dr. Frank E. Andre, numbered among the alumni of Rush Medical College and now successfully practicing in his native city of Kenosha, has been honored with the presidency of the Kenosha County Medical Society, which poisition he is now filling. He was born November 12, 1870, a son of Henry and Almira Brooks (Stonebach)) Andre, both of whom were natives of Pennsylvania, where they were reared and married. The year 1868 witnessed their arrival in Kenosha, where the father engaged in business as a cigar manufacturer and merchant up to the time of his retirement from active commercial life in 1910. They are still residents of Kenosha, and Mrs. Andre is a member of the Methodist church.
At the usual age Frank E. Andre became a pupil in the public schools and mastered the work of successive grades until graduated from the high school with the class of 1887. Subsequently he attended Oshkosh Normal School for two years and then began preparation for a professional career as a student in Rush Medical College of Chicago, where he completed his course with the class of 1894. For a year thereafter he practiced in Chicago and in 1895 returned to his native city, where he has since remained. His record stands in contradistinction to the old adage that "a prophet is not without honor save in his own country," for in this city, where his entire life has been passed, Dr. Andre has gained professional distinction and notable success.
On the 23d of October, 1901, occurred the marriage of Dr. Andre and Miss Mary C. Frantz, a daughter of Captain Charles and Angeline (Martin) Frantz. They now have one son, Edgar Frantz. Dr. Andre has extensive fraternal connections, being a valued member of the Elks, Eagles, Knights of Pythias, Royal Arcanum and the Foresters, the Germania Club and the Plattdeutsch Gilde. His political allegiance is given to the Republican party, and he has served as chairman of the city central committee and as a member of the county central committee for many years. In 1904 he became Coroner of Kenosha County and occupied that position for four years. As previously stated, he has been honored with election to the presidency of the County Medical Society, of which he had formerly been secretary, and he belongs as well to the Wisconsin State and American Medical Associations. His practice has never been confined to a single line but has covered both medicine and surgery, and he displays skill in each department, while in the discharge of his professional duties he is most conscientious and prompt.
Typed by: Michelle Laycock