Peter De Hamer
As published in
"The City of Kenosha and Kenosha County Wisconsin: A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement"
by Frank H. Lyman Vol. 2, The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co., Chicago, 1916.
Peter De Hamer, dealer in bicycles and motorcycles and also doing repair work on machines, conducts the largest establishment of the kind in Kenosha. His birth occurred in Holland on the1st of August, 1892, his parents being James and Jennie (De Boe) De Hamer, who emigrated to the United States in1902. After six months' residence in Chicago they took up their abode in Kenosha, where the father is still employed as a machinist by the Simmons Manufacturing Company. To him and his wife were born seven children, as follows: Herbert, who is employed as foreman by the Simmons Manufacturing Company of Kenosha; Florence, living in Kalamazoo, Michigan; John , who is employed as a machinist by the Thomas B. Jeffery Company of Kenosha, Marina, a resident of Kenosha; Marines, who passed away in Chicago; Jennie, who makes her home in Kalamazoo, Michigan; and Peter, of this review.
The last named began his education in the schools of his native land and continued his studies after coming to Kenosha. After putting aside his textbooks he secured employment in a factory and continued working for others until 1913, when he bought his present bicycle repair establishment and has since carried on an extensive and successful business of this character, also distributing the Harley-Davidson machine. He does all kinds of motorcycle and bicycle repairing and the dimensions of his building are twelve by forty feet and twenty by thirty feet.
Politically Mr. De Hamer is independent, supporting men and measures rather than party. He attends the services of the Holland Reformed church. His place of business is at No. 414 Newell street and his residence at No. 806 Newell Street, Kenosha, in which city the circle of his friends is almost coextensive with the circle of his acquaintance.
Typed by: Marilyn Allis