Dr. William Fletcher
As published in
"The City of Kenosha and Kenosha County Wisconsin: A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement"
by Frank H. Lyman Vol. 2, The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co., Chicago, 1916.
Dr. William Fletcher is successfully engaged in the practice of medicine at Salem as a specialist in the diseases of the eye, ear, nose and throat and ranks among the leading representatives of his profession in the county. He is thoroughly up-to-date in his method of treatment and has equipped his office with the latest appliances. He was born in Knox, Starke county, Indiana, on the 20th of September, 1879, and is a son of Isaac and Mary (Turner) Fletcher, natives respectively of Pennsylvania and England, who settled in Indiana in the early days. The father followed agricultural pursuits and gained a gratifying measure of success in that connection.
William Fletcher attended the public schools in the acquirement of his early education and later was a student in Valparaiso University at Valparaiso, Indiana, graduating from the normal, commercial and pharmacy courses of that institution. He worked his way through school and after leaving Valparaiso spent about three years in teaching. However, he had decided upon the medical profession as his life work and at the end of that time entered the Chicago College of Medicine & Surgery and also worked his way through that institution, graduating with the class of 1907. A short time previous to the completion of his course he became resident physician and surgeon of the Frances Willard Hospital, in which capacity he remained for a year. Later in 1907 he came to Salem, Wisconsin, and opened an office for the general practice of his profession. Subsequently he returned to Chicago and took post graduate work in diseases of the eye, ear, nose and throat at the Illinois Charitable Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat Hospital and since his return to Salem has specialized in those lines. He has made a most thorough and careful study of his specialties and has built up a large and representative practice. He keeps abreast of all of the developments and discoveries in his field and spares no expense in securing the most modern equipment. He has recently installed a high frequency electrical machine, which has proved of great value in his practice. He holds membership in the county and state medical societies and in the American Medical Association.
Dr. Fletcher was married on the 2d of November, 1911, to Miss Jennie Ogden, a native of Canada, and they have a son, Ogden Fletcher. The Doctor is independent in politics, voting in accordance with his best judgment rather than in obedience to the dictates of party leaders. Fraternally he belongs to the Odd Fellows and to the Woodmen of the World, and his attractive personality has gained him the warm friendship of many. He has gained the confidence of his professional colleagues and also of the general public and his continued success seems assured.
Typed by: Marilyn Allis