As published in
"The City of Kenosha and Kenosha County Wisconsin: A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement"
by Frank H. Lyman Vol. 2, The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co., Chicago, 1916.
Charles Schnuckel, a well-to-do farmer and highly esteemed citizen of Pleasant Prairie township, was born in Prussia, Germany, in 1850 and is a son of Frederick Schnuckel. At the usual age our subject entered the common schools of his native land and continued his education until he was fourteen. Four years later he came to the United States with his father and other members of the family and has since been a resident of Kenosha county, Wisconsin. He worked in a store for a time and then assisted his father in the operation of the home farm. Later he rented a place and engaged in its cultivation for three years, at the end of which time he purchased eighty acres of land east of the town hall in Pleasant Prairie. Subsequently he bought forty acres adjoining and still later another tract of one hundred and sixty acres. In the operation of his farm he has met with most excellent success and is today counted one of the prosperous farmers of his community.
Mr. Schnuckel was married in 1880 to Miss Julia Swantz, who died November 4, 1904, and was laid to rest in Kenosha. They became the parents of five children: George, Lillian, Laura, Carrie and Harold.
Mr. Schnuckel is a member of the German Lutheran church and usually votes the republican ticket. For three or four terms he was a member of the school board but has never taken a very active part in public affairs, preferring to give his undivided attention to his business interests. All that he has has been acquired through his own industry and good management, and he merits the high esteem in which he is held.
Typed by: Marilyn Allis