George W. Schnuckel
As published in
"The City of Kenosha and Kenosha County Wisconsin: A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement"
by Frank H. Lyman Vol. 2, The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co., Chicago, 1916.
One of the younger representatives of agricultural interests in Pleasant Prairie Township, is George W. Schnuckel, a son of Charles and Julia (Swantz) Schnuckel. He was born in Kenosha on the 8th of April, 1881 and attended the public schools until fourteen years of age. He early became familiar with every detail of farm work, and gave his father the benefit of his services until 1905, when he rented some of the home place and started out in life for himself. He has since met with marked success in the operation of his land, and is regarded as one of the leading farmers of his community.
On the 18th of April, 1912, was celebrated the marriage of George W. Schnuckel and Maude Colby, daughter of Nahum Colby of Beecher, Illinois and to them have been born two children: Carl Nahum; and William George, but the latter is now deceased.
Mr. Schnuckel is independent in politics, preferring to vote for the men whom he believes best qualified for office regardless of party ties. He has been a member of the school board one term and takes a commendable interest in public affairs. Religiously he is a member of the German Lutheran church, and his course has ever been such as to commend him to the confidence of those with whom he has been brought in contact.
Typed by: Michelle Laycock