Kenosha County Biographical Sketches

P

CITY OF KENOSHA

W. A. PARKER, fisherman; born in Ellsworth, Me., in 1833 served in the navy during the Mexican war, and participated in the bombardment of Fort Tobasco; since has been a sea-captain; was presented with an elegant watch by the underwriters and citizens of Chicago, for gallantry in rescuing crew of bark David Morris, wrecked off Evanston Dec. 12, 1867. In 1877, engaged in fishing, following that to present time. Married, in 1852, Miss Maria E. Sugor, native of England; have four children-Anna H., Frank, Willie and Bertie.

TRUMAN DANIEL PARTRIDGE (deceased); born in Canada in 1826; came to Wisconsin in 1849, locating at Pleasant Prairie, where he worked at the carpenter business; afterward bought a farm, where be lived till 1872, when he removed to Kenosha, and built a handsome residence for his family. In 1864, was elected Justice of the Peace of Pleasant Prairie for two years; also, District Clerk for twelve years, and School Commissioner for twelve years. Married, in 1848, Miss Mary Bissell, a native of, Rutland, Vt.; they had one son, Augustus Truman, who died in Vermont in 1848.

E. PENNOYER, proprietor of Pennoyer's Water-Cure; was born in Groton, Tompkins Co., N.Y.; came from there to Kenosha in 1857 the following year, he purchased his present property. He married on the 10th of September, 1845, Huldah Weed, a native of Oswego Co., N. Y.; they have three children -Nelson Alonzo (physician and surgeon, practicing in Kenosha, and a graduate of Philadelphia Hahnemann Medical College, in the Class of 1870) - George Milton (now with J. V. Farwell & Co., Chicago), and Alice.

TOWN OF PLEASANT PRAIRIE

CHRISTEN PETERSEN, farmer; P.O. Kenosha; born in Denmark in 1835, and came to America May 14, 1869; to Kenosha in 1871; remained until 1875, when he went to Illinois, and, in 1877, returned to Kenosha and settled on the farm he now occupies. He married, in 1859, Miss T. Larsen, a native of Denmark. He has six children - Louise, John, Mary, Christina, Christ and Amelia.

TOWN OF SOMERS

None with the letter "P"

TOWN OF BRISTOL

WILLIAM K. PACKMAN, farmer, Sec. 2; P.O. Bristol; born Feb. 27, 1857, in Bristol Township, and inherited, with his mother, a farm of 300 acres, 140 acres of which were sold in 1876; it is principally pasture land; they keep twenty-four cows for the dairy, making butter for the Chicago and New York Markets. He is Town Clerk of Bristol for 1879, having been elected on a Democratic majority, and serves as Pathmaster in turn; he is Worthy Patriarch of the Sons of Temperance. Martin Packman, deceased, father of the above, was born July 9, 1831, in Columbia Co., N.Y., where he was a farmer; in 1856, he came to Wisconsin; located in Bristol Township, and bought the farm. Married Miss Catherine E. Kingman, of Columbia Co., N.Y., Feb 7, 1855; he died Aug. 11, 1865, bequeathing his property as above.

TOWN OF PARIS

None with the letter "P"

TOWN OF BRIGHTON

None with the letter "P"

TOWN OF RANDALL

THOMAS PACEY (deceased); born in England in 1814; came to Wisconsin in 1845, locating at Randall, where he purchased a farm in Secs. 25 and 36, which he sold April, 1873; he then moved to Sec. 26, and bought 160 acres - the farm where his widow resides. Married, April, 1842, Miss Maria Simpson, a native of England; they have had six sons, four living. Mr. Pacey died Oct. 2, 1875, on his farm in Randall. He was Justice of the Peace and member of the School Board for a number of years. Family members Methodist CHurch.

TOWN OF SALEM

ANDREW PATTERSON, farmer, Sec. 18; P.O. Fox River; born in County DOnegal, Ireland, in 1831; came to America in 1844, and located in Brighton, Racine Co., Wis.; remained there some time engaged in farming; then removed to Wheatland; afterward, settled in Salem Township, where he now resides; Mr. Patterson now owns a well-improved farm of 315 acres, valued ar $35 per acre; the farm is in a good state of cultivation, on which are raised grain of various kinds and live stock, principally sheep. He married in Wheatland, in May, 1857, Miss Ann Wilson, a native of Scotland, who came to America in 1838; they have nine children - George W., Jennie E., Sarah A., Ida N., Emma E., Mary E., Minnie L., Fred and Florence.

CHARLES PHILLIPS, farmer, Sec. 20; P.O. Wilmot; born in Dorsetshire, England, in 1837; came to America in 1854, and located in Salem Township; owns 228 acres of fine land, valued at about $9,000; his farm is well improved; principal products, grain and stock; has a large number of horses, cattle and sheep, the latter of good grade. Was in the army nearly a year; enlisted in January, 1865, and served in the 9th Ill. V.C. in Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee in the Western Division; mustered out in November 1865. Married, in 1863, Miss Lizzie McDougal, a native of Prince Edward Island; born 1840; have four children; three girls and one boy - Dan, Fannie D., Lizzie A., and Flora. Members of the Episcopal Church.

ANSON PIERCE, mechanic, Sec. 30; P.O. Wilmot; age 69; born in the town of Ticonderoga, Essex Co., N.Y., in the year 1810; moved thence to Lawrence County, thence to Eagle Harbor, Orleans County, afterward came West and located in Salem, Racine Co., Wis., in 1838. Was formerly a farmer, now a mechanic, having his residence and shop in the town of Wilmot. Has held the offices of Township Treasurer and Justice of the Peace. Married in Illinois, in 1839, Clarissa Ann Wrightman, who was a native of New York State. Mrs. Pierce died February 25, 1879; have no children. Mr. Pierce is a member of the Congregational Church.

TOWN OF WHEATLAND

MRS. AGNES PLATE, farmer, Sec. 35; P.O. Wheatland; maiden name Agnes Kirkhoff; born in Hanover, Germany, Dec. 1, 1805; Married in Germany, in October, 1833, Adolph Plate, who was born in Germany in 1790; had seven children, three are living - Henry, born in July, 1836; Valentine, in October, 1842; Josephine, in April, 1846; their father died in Wheatland, in 1847. Mrs. Plate came with her husband to Wheatland in 1845; they located and he worked at farming successfully. At the time of his death, he bequeathed to his wife eighty acres of good land, where she is living. Members of the Wheatland Catholic Church.



Click here to go to
WIGenWeb AHGP

Return to Biographical Sketches Page