From "The History of Racine and Kenosha Counties" (Chicago: 1879), p. 557:
The village of Bristol is situated on the Kenosha & Rockford Division of the
North-Western Road, twelve miles west of Kenosha. The land was originally owned
by Alfred Giddings, at present residing in Kenosha, who laid it out in town lots,
and sold the property to A. B. Emmons, who, in turn, disposed of this purchase t
o John F. Chase, who completed the platting of the village, and executed deeds
to purchasers. Bristol is a thriving village, containing an industrious and
enterprising population, four stores and several mechanical shops; Asbury Chapel,
built in 1842; Hosmer Chapel, built in 1857, and Wesley Chapel, built in 1872,
all of the Methodist Episcopal denomination; also, St. Mary's Roman Catholic
church, built in 1866, and a Masonic Lodge, with a membership of upward of fifty.
The Bristol Soda Springs are within two miles of the village, and offer
superior inducements to invalid seekers after health. The population is
variously estimated at from one to two hundred souls.
From "The City of Kenosha and Kenosha County Wisconsin" by Frank H. Lyman, 1916, p.326:
The land upon which the town of Bristol is located was originally owned by Alfred
Giddings, who laid it out into town lots, and sold the property to A. B. Emmons,
who, in turn, disposed of it to John F. Chase. The latter completed the plat and
sold the lots.
Asbury Chapel, built in 1842, Hosmer Chapel, built in 1857, and Wesley Chapel in
1872, were all of the Methodist denomination. St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church was
constructed in 1866.