The following transcription was sent in by Duane R. Marr. It is a copy of the marriage certificate for his grandparents. It will give you an idea of what you will find on a marriage certificate for Lafayette county. Thank You Duane!
Transcription of Marriage record from Lafayette County, WI records
By Duane R. Marr 9 Sep 1997
From Lafayette Co. Records (reviewed at Darlington, WI 9 Sep 1997)
Marriage number: 28, Vol 6, p 116
Spelling as in the original (note mispellings/errors at end of page)
1. Full name of husband: Charles Marr
2. Name of the father of said husband : James Marr
3. Name of the mother of husband before marriage: Alice Tegue
4. Occupation of husband: Farmer
5. Residence of husband: Adrian, Noble Co., Minn.
6. Birthplace of husband : America
7. Full name of the wife previous to marriage: Annie Stixrood
8. Name of the father of wife: Jas. Stixrood
9. Name of the mother of wife before marriage: Carrie Steflerion
10. Birthplace of wife: Wiota Lafayette Co. Wis.
License No 6. Date Jan-19-1901
11. The time when the marriage was contracted: Feb-6-1901
12. The place, town, or township, and county where: Wiota, Lafayette
Co. Wis..... marriage was contracted
13. The color of the parties: White
14. By what ceremony contracted: Luth. Church
15. Names of subscribing witnesses : Miss Lucy Slothower & Oscar Stixrood
16. Name of the person pronouncing marriage: O. M. Sarvig
17. Residence of person last named: Wiota, Wis.
18. Date of certificate or affidavit of marriage: Feb-25-1901
19. Date of registration: Feb-26-1901
20. Any additional circumstances:
Mispellings/errors noted by drm:
Line 3 should be Alice Teague
Line 7 she usually went by the name Anna
Line 8 should be Ever Stixrood
Line 9 should be Carrie Stephenson