The Luck Historical Museum contains information and artifacts from the town’s history. It is also headquarters of the Polk County Genealogical Society that helps interested visitors find information on their family’s past.
* Meetings are on the fourth Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Luck Area Historical Museum. Remember: what happens at the museum is up to what our members and volunteers decide to do! You are always invited to come and help out with your ideas!
For uptodate information, follow us on Facebook. Facebook LAHS
June 16th -- 8 am to 11 am. Lucky Days Aebleskiver Breakfast at the Museum!!
Stop by to see the Duncan Yo-Yo collection. The Duncan Yo-Yo factory was in Luck from the mid 1940s to mid 60s. The museum is always looking for Duncan Yo-Yo items
Geology of Luck, WI on display March and April
May -- Luck High School Art display
June -- Bridal display 1900s-1950s
July -- Exploring Danish Happiness Exhibit from the Danish American Museum, Elk Horn IA
August -- Summer at the Lake
Free Evening Programs 7 pm
April 28 Quilter Bev Proulx "Quilting from 1850 -1950"
May 19 Dr. Richard Huset "Gems of the Earth"
May 23 Russ Hanson (1:30 pm) "Milltown in the 1898 Yukon Gold Rush" PCGS
June 23 Dr Allen Hanson "History of postcards and post marks"
June 28 Tova Brandt "Danish Modern: Design for Living"
July No Program -- Lucky Days Aeblskiver Breakfast July 16
August 25 Marvel Nielson -- "Hunky Dory Resort History"
September 22 Thorium and the Future of Energy -- Nick Piszczek
Free Entrance -- Museum Hours
- Museum hours Monday-Friday: 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Monday: 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM (Open for genealogical help and other family or local research stafffed by Polk County Genealogical Society)
- Saturday: 10-1 Memorial Day through Labor Day and other times by appointment
- Call (715)-472-2030 to speak with a museum attendant or to leave a message