Charter night held May 2, 1951
The Gillett Lions Club, always community service oriented, has a long list of community projects: Some of their projects over the years have been:
Sponsored organization of the Gillett Area Rescue Squad; Provided oxygen equipment and supplies to the Rescue Squad; Donated Score Board for the New High School Gym; Donated and assembled bicycle racks in grade and high schools; Annually sponsored Santa Day during December for the kiddies and residents at the local nursing home; Donated classroom flags for the local high school; Donated annually to the Wis. Lions Blind camp; Donated several week-ends of labor to the prepa-ration of the Wis. Blind Camp at Rosholt, Wis.; Sponsored visually handicaped to a week at the Wis. Blind Camp; Provi-ded eyeglasses for children in need and unable to afford to provide for them; Provided skating rink and shelter on Kastens Lake for a number of years; Assisted in completion of local tennis court.
Arthur H. Bartelt, Raymond W. Mueller, Herman C.
Damp, Thomas S. Lindow, Dr. Frank R. Kubick, Lee W. Nygaard, Alvin B.
Rudolph A. Wagner, David F. Kohn
Charles L. Baldwin, Otto W. Fleuman, John P. Heins, Waldemar H. Wagner, Robert W. Gruber, Archie A. Stephenson, Charles W. Rasmussen, Floyd K. Dickinson, Edmond Engebretsen, Robert S. Quade, William C. Janssen, Emil H. Freitag, Arthur E. Arneson, Bans H. Lawrenz, Francis K. Thomson, David Krake, G. Frank Meunier, Harvey C. Rusch, Le Roy Rueckert, Arthur Sack, Arthur J. Lutz, Roy E. Hubbard
CLUB 1938 - CHARTER MEMBERS - GILLETT CIVIC CLUB
Emery Ansorge, Tom Lindow, Jerry Crane, George Baldwin, Glen Durst, Dr. Berg, Erv Miller, George Gaulke, Mac McGrath, Walt Jolin, Frank Kuehl, Ed Koop. Carl Husmann, Ted Cota, Gus Hanstedt, Charles Ebenreiter, Bill Chesley, Dr. Krool,Father Weix, Bill Barman, Otto Neumann, Robert Quade, Chum Janssen, B.C. Hohn, Russel Pederson,
Many of the men mentioned above were the charter
members of the Civic Club formed at a later date when the Lions Club
dissolved. A Lions Club was again chartered in 1951.
Back to the Oconto County Home Page