Please click on the photo for a larger view.
town of Chase
Hilbert settlement was along Highway C. Although never an officially named place, it does show up on public documents including cemetery records, death certificates, newspaper articles and in obituaries. At one time it had a cheese factory, Catholic, Methodist and Lutheran Churches, Catholic Cemetery, and township Cemetery. Only the cemeteries and the Catholic church remains today.
ST. JOSEPH CATHOLIC CHURCH
Built in 1912 as St. Cecilia Church. This photo is the original structure before the entrance and rear wing additions.
Lawrence and Margaret Hilbert
Local dairy farmers brought their milk here for sale. The building is no longer standing.