Town of Oconto Falls. Entire student body.
Carolyn King Laskowski
The articles were found in the scrap book of his late mother.
Beaver Lake School District Number 7, Oconto Falls, is located on County Trunk B between Spruce and Oconto Falls.
Enrolled in the first school of 1899 were five Bride children, five Langlia children, four Krueger children, Rose Kumbera and Amelia Suchan. Amelia Suchan is still a resident of the district.
The first teacher was Belle Wright, the board members were Jos. Suchan and Jos. Giese. The County Superintendent was J. H. Holmes. School then began October first and closed May first.
The present brick building was built in 1917, Miss Lulu Wilson was the first teacher. At that time there were 38 pupils attending. The County Superintendent was Ellen B. Mc Donald. The well was dug in 1937 and the building was wired for electricity in 1938.
In 1949 the exterior of the' building was painted white, a new flag pole erected and a dial system telephone installed. The telephone has proved itself to be a great asset in times of sickness and accident. The school also has a radio and an electric record player.
During the summer of 1952, an oil burning furnace, running water and indoor toilets were installed. Last summer the interior walls and ceilings were painted.
In the past two years the Mother's Club purchased plates, cups and silverware to serve sixty, also two steel cabinets and a serving table. This is all used in the basement, where the Mother's Club cleaned and painted walls, ceiling and floor, preparatory to serving hot lunches sometime in the near future.
The Ranger Mac Conservation Corner is also in the basement.
This is the first year we have taken part in the conservation corner project. A log book has been made every year for the past 3 years. On Tuesdays the members of the Radio Art class paint at the long tables in the basement, while the little folks construct scenes in the sand table. Plans are I being made for. Physical Education classes to be held in the basement during the winter months.
The playground is equipped for baseball and outdoor basketball. The swings and climbing bars were purchased by the Mother's Club in 1952.
The library contains 289 books, newly accessioned and catalogued. At present there are twenty-seven pupils representing fifteen families. There are fifteen mothers in the Mother's Club.
The board members are: Clerk, William Schnese Director, Emmanuel Umentum Treasurer, Edward Wacek, and the teacher, Mrs. Victoria Kamke.
BACK TO THE OCONTO COUNTY HOME PAGE