This is an early 1970's photograph of the first school in Morgan. Built in 1876 or 1878, it stood at a different location on a private farm until it was destroyed. The original site was at the northwest corner of where Highways "E" and "C" now cross. It was replaced by a white frame building in 1885, when it was sold and moved to the farm field at the southeast corner. It then became a blacksmith's shop and later was a farm outbuilding for pigs. Amy Harteau was the first school teacher.
BACK TO THE OCONTO COUNTY HOME PAGE