Please click on
the photo for
a larger view,
then click "back" to return to this page.
Lutheran – St. Johannis
Church Records date back to April 18, 1909
The church building still stands in the
of Underhill, but is no longer used for services and is now privately
along with the late Victorian parsonage next door. In it's time it was
considered one of the finest Lutheran Church buildings constructed in
area. Made with locally manufactured brick hauled to the site in horse
drawn wagons, and sitting at the crest of the hill at the east end of
village, it was the pride of German Lutheran residents..