Please click on the photo for
a larger view,
then click "back" to return to this page.
Stiles Junction Graded School
This is a photo of the old schoolhouse in Stiles Junction. The Oconto County Reporter reports the building being in use in 1886. Teacher during the 1894-1895 school year was E. T. Griffin from Troy Center, Wis. That year the town of Stiles had 835 residents. In 1897 Miss Carrie Trepanier of Oconto had been appointed assistant teacher of the Stiles public school for a term of four months. Schools were consolidated with Lena in the mid 1900's. In 2006 it is being sold as part of an estate, it's future is in serious jeopardy.
BACK TO THE OCONTO COUNTY HOME PAGE