Oconto County WIGenWeb Project
Collected and posted by RITA

This site is exclusively for the free access of individual researchers.
* No profit may be made by any person, business or organization through publication, reproduction, presentation or links
to this site. 


Flash From The Past - 1946


March 30, 1946
Oconto Falls
contributed by Richard La Brosse

Mr. and Mrs. Louis Rusch, Oconto Falls, are announcing the engagement and approaching marriage of their daughter, Elizabeth Agnes to Richard Talbot, son of Mrs. E.M. Talbot, Milwaukee.  The wedding will take place some time in June at St. Anthony’s Catholic Church in Oconto Falls.



Special to Press-Gazette
May 10, 1946

contributed by Richard La Brosse

Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Wojner
Golden Anniversary Is Celebrate by  Oconto Falls Pair

OCONTO FALLS, Wis. – Mr. and Mrs. (nee Francis Tomaski) Joseph Wojner, Oconto Falls,celebrated their golden wedding recently at their home here with all of their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren present.  There were about 50 relatives andfriends at dinner.

The Wojners were married 50 years ago May 10 (1896) at Mahoney, Pa.,  by the Rev. D.A. Browman.  They lived at Mahoney for four years while Mr. Wojner was employed in a coal mine.  Later they moved to northern Michigan, where he worked in an Iron mine.  They lived there for 16 years before coming to Oconto Falls 30 years ago.  Mr. Wojner was in business here for 15 years, retiring ... years ago.  They are both enjoying good health.

They are the parents of 12 children, Those living are six sons:  John, Norway, Mich.,  Stanley, Kenosha, Mike, Paul and Walter at Oconto Falls, and Edward of Milwaukee, and three daughters, Mrs. Vanne (Anna) Couillard, Oconto, Mrs. John (Agnes) Bond of Oconto and Mrs. George (Julia) Lohrie, Kembridge, Wis.  They also have 12 grandchildren and two great grandchildren.

A mass in their honor was celebrated at St. Anthony church. July 1941

********************************

Oconto Falls

City Attorney Howard Eslien was appointed by Mayor T.C. Tait as a member of the Oconto Falls Hospital Board at the regular meeting of the City Council held Tuesday evening.  He succeeds Harry Bauman who in a letter addressed to the Council had stated that he desired to be relieved of further service on this Board.  The appointment was approved by the council.  Mr. Eslien’s term expires on July 31, 1946.  An appropriation of $ 100 as salary for the secretary of the Board of Education was also approved.  The “Cota” house, which has been the property of the city for the past four years was sold for $ 1500.  This offer was made by mr. Eslien in behalf of a client, whose name has not been disclosed at this writing.  The salary of the assistant chief of police, R.B. Hammond was increased to $60 per month.  It was also voted to move the offices of the city treasurer, city clerk, and Water and Light Department to the first floor and the WPA office to the second.



Gillett Times
December 12, 1946

Emil Lifke, 68, of Underhill, Edward Quandt, 71, Suring and Edward Kierchoff, 59, were laid to rest during the past week.


BACK TO THE FLASH FROM THE PAST HOME PAGE



BACK TO THE OCONTO COUNTY HOME PAGE