1. John Baptiste Langley
- Langley - Langlais
Birth: January 15, 1842 in Quebec, Canada
Father: Hyacinthe Langlais - Birth: Apr 4, 1816 in Québec, Canada; Death: 14 Oct 1912 in DePere (now Ledgeview), Brown County, WI. (burial Mount Calvary Cemetery); immigration: 1878 (1900 census); remarried in 1878 in Brown County, Wisconsin. Had three wives.
Mother: Adelaide Pelletier - Birth: 1824 in Canada; Death: 1872 in Brown County, WI (burial Old Holy Cross Cemetery in Bay Settlement - Town of Eaton)
Immigration: 1875 (1910 census), 1880 (1900 census)
Occupation: 1910: General Farmer in Oconto Falls
Death: Oct 6, 1919 in Oconto Falls, Oconto, WI, USA
Notes on John Baptiste Langley - Langley - Langlais: Earliest researched ancestor was Francois Langlois - Birth; March 3, 1720 in Riviere-Ouelle, Kamouraska, Quebec, Canada, Death; January 16, 1797 in Riviere Ouelle, Kamouraska, Quebec, Canada; 1910 there were three grandchildren living with John and Marie, Iona, Myrtle and Edgar Harvey, these were grandchildren of wife Marie from her first marriage..
+ Marie (Dit) Vanesse (Vanasse) - wife of John Baptiste Langley - Langley - Langlais
Birth: November 15, 1850 in St.Urcine, Quebec, Canada
Father: Francis Dit Vanasse (1824 in Canada - 1903 in Casco, Kewaunee, Wisconsin, burial at old Sacred Heart Cemetery)
Mother: Margaretha Renier (1830 - 1895 in Casco, Kewaunee, Wisconsin, burial at old Sacred Heart Cemetery)
Immigration: 1865 (1920 census)
#1 Donat Herve / Donald Harvey (1839 – 1881 in Casco, Kewaunee, WI) marriage: 1870 in Casco, Kewaunee, WI ;
Children of Donald and Mary:
1. Odelia Herve 1871 Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. – Oct 17, 1961; married September 30, 1890 in town of Scott, Brown County, WI to Alex Douville (1868 - Jan 4, 1947) of town of Scott, Brown County, WI; burial Pleasent Hill Cemetery, town of Scott, Brown County, WI; 1 child
2. Eli Harvey 1872 Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. – Jul 23, 1889 in Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. at age 17 years, burial at Old Sacred Heart Cemetery with his mother's parents.
3. Levi Harvey 1874 Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. – Dec. 16, 1908 in Minniapolis, Minnesota, struck by a street car while there for eye surgery, buried at St Charles Cemetary in Lena, WI; was married to Emily Bunker (1880 - 1908in Oconto County, WI) Aug 10, 1896 in Maple Valley, Oconto County, WI.; 6 children, only 3 lived to adulthood.
4. Alfred Harvey 1875 Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. – died after 1930 in Michigan; married Mary Louis Gibour; 1 daughter
5. Emma Harvey 1878 Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. –
6. Ellen Harvey Oct 1879 Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. -
#2 John Baptiste Langley - Langley - Langlais on Jan 9, 1887 in Luxemburg, Kewaunee, WI, Peter Vanasse & Ludwina Verboncoeur were witnesses
Death: April 8, 1937 in city of Oconto, WI
Notes on Marie Dit Vanasse: 1900 census 11 births, 5 children living that year; 1930 Lived at 230 Smith Ave. in city of Oconto, WI. with Sisters, Josephine Perky, age 75 and Lizzie Ver Bunker age 70;
Children of John and Mary:
1. Peter Langley ( Apr 28, 1888 in Luxemburg, Kewaunee, WI, - 1918 in Michigan of influenza) Married Zella Battan (1891-1983) in Michigan, 1913 at age 25; 1 daughter Lucille Loraine ( born: May 9, 1918 - died: 1918 of influenza) ; 1 son Lester Langley Manfrom (born: July 14, 1916 in Green Bay Wisconsin - died: 1982 in Stambaugh, Michigan). Zella remarried to John Manfrom. Lester wasn't adopted but took the Manfrom name as his. Lester married Marie King 10 June 1939. They had 4 children. Marie King was born 25 November 1918 in Gastera Michigan and died 2003in Stambaugh Township, Michigan..
2. Lucy Langlay (1889 in Luxemburg, Kewaunee, WI - before 1930 in Oconto, WI) married at age 17 on Nov. 12, 1906 to Antone Jacques Carriveau (Dec 24, 1876 in Oconto, WI - Sept. 8, 1955 in Oconto, WI) ; 6 children
3. Vivian P Langlay (Nov 2, 1890 in Luxemburg, Kewaunee,Wisconsin,- Apr 11, 1972 in Gillett, Oconto County, WI); married #1 at age 18 in 1908 to Henry Dunk (1882 - 1929) in Wisconsin and had 6 children; married #2 at age 43 Nov 6, 1933 to Clarence Kilmer in Suring, Wisconsin; 1 child.
4. Frank Xavier Langlay ( Feb 17, 1892 in Kewaunee, WI - Nov 1985 in Oconto Falls, Oconto, WI); married at age 28
Jun 19, 1920 to Nellie M Harteau ( Nov 8, 1902 in Sampson, Oconto, WI - Jan 28, 1975 in Oconto Falls, Oconto, WI ) in Oconto,WI at the Oconto County Court House by Justice of the Peace James DonLevy. Wittnesses were Roy Harteau and Ethel Noel Harteau; 6 children
5. Alex Langlay (Sep 6, 1893 in Luxemburg, Kewaunee, WI - Jul 16, 1975 in Green Bay, Brown, WI) No Spouse or Children; served and injured in World War I; died at age 81 years.
The deceased was born in Canada, and came to Wisconsin when a young man. For a number of years he cultivated a farm in the town of Oconto Falls, but sold this property several years ago and bought a home in the city.
Death was the result of an attack of apoplexy which affected him about a week before his death.
He is survived by a wife and
six children. The funeral occurred on
Wednesday with services at St. Anthony's catholic church, conducted by
Rev Zerbach, and burial in the catholic cemetery.