1. John Baptiste Langley
- Langley - Langlais
Birth: January 15, 1842 in Quebec, Canada
Father: Hyacinthe Langlais - Birth: Apr 4, 1816 in Québec, Canada; Death: 14 Oct 1912 in DePere (now Ledgeview), Brown County, WI. (burial Mount Calvary Cemetery); immigration: 1878 (1900 census); remarried in 1878 in Brown County, Wisconsin. Had three wives.
Mother: Adelaide Pelletier - Birth: 1824 in Canada; Death: 1872 in Brown County, WI (burial Old Holy Cross Cemetery in Bay Settlement - Town of Eaton)
Immigration: 1875 (1910 census), 1880 (1900 census)
Occupation: 1910: General Farmer in Oconto Falls
Death: Oct 6, 1919 in Oconto Falls, Oconto, WI, USA
Notes on John Baptiste Langley - Langley - Langlais: Earliest researched ancestor was Francois Langlois - Birth; March 3, 1720 in Riviere-Ouelle, Kamouraska, Quebec, Canada, Death; January 16, 1797 in Riviere Ouelle, Kamouraska, Quebec, Canada; 1910 there were three grandchildren living with John and Marie, Iona, Myrtle and Edgar Harvey, these were grandchildren of wife Marie from her first marriage..
+ Marie (Dit) Vanesse (Vanasse) - wife of John Baptiste Langley - Langley - Langlais
Birth: November 15, 1850 in St.Urcine, Quebec, Canada
Father: Francis Dit Vanasse (1824 in Canada - 1903 in Casco, Kewaunee, Wisconsin, burial at old Sacred Heart Cemetery)
Mother: Margaretha Renier (1830 - 1895 in Casco, Kewaunee, Wisconsin, burial at old Sacred Heart Cemetery)
Immigration: 1865 (1920 census)
#1 Donat Herve / Donald Harvey (1839 – 1881 in Casco, Kewaunee, WI) marriage: 1870 in Casco, Kewaunee, WI ;
Children of Donald and Mary:
1. Odelia Herve 1871 Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. – Oct 17, 1961; married September 30, 1890 in town of Scott, Brown County, WI to Alex Douville (1868 - Jan 4, 1947) of town of Scott, Brown County, WI; burial Pleasent Hill Cemetery, town of Scott, Brown County, WI; 1 child
2. Eli Harvey 1872 Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. – Jul 23, 1889 in Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. at age 17 years, burial at Old Sacred Heart Cemetery with his mother's parents.
3. Levi Harvey 1874 Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. – Dec. 16, 1908 in Minniapolis, Minnesota, struck by a street car while there for eye surgery, buried at St Charles Cemetary in Lena, WI; was married to Emily Bunker (1880 - 1908in Oconto County, WI) Aug 10, 1896 in Maple Valley, Oconto County, WI.; 6 children, only 3 lived to adulthood.
4. Alfred Harvey 1875 Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. – died after 1930 in Michigan; married Mary Louis Gibour; 1 daughter
5. Emma Harvey 1878 Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. –
6. Ellen Harvey Oct 1879 Cosco, Kewaunee, WI. -
#2 John Baptiste Langley - Langley - Langlais on Jan 9, 1887 in Luxemburg, Kewaunee, WI, Peter Vanasse & Ludwina Verboncoeur were witnesses
Death: April 8, 1937 in city of Oconto, WI
Notes on Marie Dit Vanasse: 1900 census 11 births, 5 children living that year; 1930 Lived at 230 Smith Ave. in city of Oconto, WI. with Sisters, Josephine Perky, age 75 and Lizzie Ver Bunker age 70;
Children of John and Mary:
1. Peter Langley ( Apr 28, 1888 in Luxemburg, Kewaunee, WI, - 1918 in Michigan of influenza) Married Zella Battan (1891-1983) in Michigan, 1913 at age 25; 1 daughter Lucille Loraine ( born: May 9, 1918 - died: 1918 of influenza) ; 1 son Lester Langley Manfrom (born: July 14, 1916 in Green Bay Wisconsin - died: 1982 in Stambaugh, Michigan). Zella remarried to John Manfrom. Lester wasn't adopted but took the Manfrom name as his. Lester married Marie King 10 June 1939. They had 4 children. Marie King was born 25 November 1918 in Gastera Michigan and died 2003in Stambaugh Township, Michigan..
2. Lucy Langlay (1889 in Luxemburg, Kewaunee, WI - before 1930 in Oconto, WI) married at age 17 on Nov. 12, 1906 to Antone Jacques Carriveau (Dec 24, 1876 in Oconto, WI - Sept. 8, 1955 in Oconto, WI) ; 6 children
3. Vivian P Langlay (Nov 2, 1890 in Luxemburg, Kewaunee,Wisconsin,- Apr 11, 1972 in Gillett, Oconto County, WI); married #1 at age 18 in 1908 to Henry Dunk (1882 - 1929) in Wisconsin and had 6 children; married #2 at age 43 Nov 6, 1933 to Clarence Kilmer in Suring, Wisconsin; 1 child.
4. Frank Xavier Langlay ( Feb 17, 1892 in Kewaunee, WI - Nov 1985 in Oconto Falls, Oconto, WI); married at age 28
Jun 19, 1920 to Nellie M Harteau ( Nov 8, 1902 in Sampson, Oconto, WI - Jan 28, 1975 in Oconto Falls, Oconto, WI ) in Oconto,WI at the Oconto County Court House by Justice of the Peace James DonLevy. Wittnesses were Roy Harteau and Ethel Noel Harteau; 6 children
5. Alex Langlay (Sep 6, 1893 in Luxemburg, Kewaunee, WI - Jul 16, 1975 in Green Bay, Brown, WI) No Spouse or Children; served and injured in World War I; died at age 81 years.
The deceased was born in Canada, and came to Wisconsin when a young man. For a number of years he cultivated a farm in the town of Oconto Falls, but sold this property several years ago and bought a home in the city.
Death was the result of an attack of apoplexy which affected him about a week before his death.
He is survived by a wife and
six children. The funeral occurred on
Wednesday with services at St. Anthony's catholic church, conducted by
Rev Zerbach, and burial in the catholic cemetery.
THE OCONTO COUNTY HOME PAGE