Located where County Trunk "J" crosses the Oconto River, the now rural area was prominent in documents and obituaries. There was at one time a Church, School, Store, and Cheese Factory and the Lumbermill employed local men. This settlement was named for the COUILLARD family who were early settlers in Oconto County. The first Couillard to settle there was Jacob, prior to July 1851. Next was Thomas Howard Jr. in October 1852 and possibly Thomas Howard Sr. at the same time. It is not found on recent maps. Information furnished by Gloria Olson.