Named for Herman Peters who came to build a mill on the north side of the Little Suamico River, two miles west of the present town of Little Suamico. He settled about the same time as the Grosse Family, in the early 1850's, building a mill. A small settlement rose around it made up of millworkers and their families. Information gathered by Margaret Wedgewood.
A couple of old timers tell about where the sawmilll was and approximately where the village was years ago. The Peters family was still running a sawmill close to that area into the 60s at least. Maybe until Hwy 41 went 4 lanes. But it was not water powered by then. Some of the family may still live in that area and more information would be appreciated. Mike