St. Cecilia Cemetery

St Cecilia Catholic Church
Township 09, Range 22East, Section 08 - NE1/4
bounded by the following roads: Northwood, Bonness, Lakewood and private homes


History: St Cecilia Catholic Church was founded 10 October 1919, a wooden frame church erected at the corner of Wisconsin & Orchard streets.

Cemetery timeline: Land was purchased 3 March 1953; January 1954 - land surveyed; November 1954 - temporary plotting of cemetery lots; October 1978 all persons exhumed; 1985 - land appraised in preparation for sale; 1986 - land sold to GIORGII subject to land division.

First burial was Phillip HALL in 1955. He was killed in 1952, buried on his grandfather’s farm with the stipulation that when St. Cecilia cemetery became a reality he was to be re-interred there.

Land proved to be unsuited for burials due to the geographic location and soil conditions. The cemetery was actually quite a distance from the church. In October 1978, all persons buried there were exhumed and removed to other cemeteries in the area.



Persons known to have been buried and removed:


HALL, Phillip - to Opitz cemetery on Mequon rd., Mequon

RAUSCH, Florence - to Resurrection cemetery on Donges Bay and Swan rds., Mequon

PINTOR, Douglas - to Opitz cemetery on Mequon rd., Mequon

GUZINSKI, Julia - to Resurrection cemetery on Donges Bay and Swan rds., Mequon

EIDENBERGER, infant boy - to St. James cemetery, NESHKORO, WI

DOWLING, infant boy - to Resurrection cemetery on Donges Bay and Swan rds., Mequon

RAUSCH, infant girl - to Resurrection cemetery on Donges Bay and Swan rds., Mequon

GUZINSKI, John - to Resurrection cemetery on Donges Bay and Swan rds., Mequon

NABAK, Frances - to Resurrection cemetery on Donges Bay and Swan rds., Mequon

CENSKY, infant - to Resurrection cemetery on Donges Bay and Swan rds., Mequon



This above information was provided to Carol Boettcher
via a phone interview with church secretary on Mon 27 Aug 2007.


Return to Ozaukee Cemetery Page

Return to Ozaukee County Main Page