Peninsula Genealogical Society - Door Co. WI
Town of BRUSSELS
*White Star Spiritualist Church Cemetery*
INDEX - 2000
23 May 2010
* YOU WILL FIND THE LOCATION OF THE WHITE STAR SPIRITUALIST CHURCH ON THE TOWN OF BRUSSELS MAPS PAGE! *
Location: SE Corner SW 1/4 SW 1/4 Section 6, Town of Brussels 1 mile east of Namur on Highway 57 until Brussels Road and 1 mile north on Brussels Road until Cemetery Road and 1/4 mile east on Cemetery Road on the north side of the road.
The first Spiritualist Cemetery in the Town of Brussels. 1/4 acre of land donated to the organization by Celestin Delveaux Sr. (a single man) about 1878. This cemetery was abandoned in 1888. The first child baptized in the organization was Constantine Delveaux in 1882, daughter of Constant & Rosalie (Dachelet) Delveaux. This cemetery and the information on its burials has just been researched in the last few years. It was brought to our attention by Ivan Draize. Research was apparently done by Adeline LaViolette. The cemetery was not listed in the Door County Cemetery Tombstone Transcriptions created in the 1970's.
The cemetery is on the property of George Delveaux and is maintained in good condition by the family. The organization has erected a stone.
Indexed 25 Jun 2000 by Susan Havel of PGS.
COUNARD, Infant/daughter of Mike COUNARD.
DANDOIS, Octavia nee DELVEAUX/.
DELVEAUX see DANDOIS
DELVEAUX see HERMIS
HERMIS, Annjoseph nee DELVEAUX/
LESSUISE, Homer, Sr/.
LESSUISE, Infant/first of two infant sons of Felix LESSUISE.
LESSUISE, Infant/second of two infant sons of Felix LESSUISE.
NEVUE, Infant/first of two infant sons of Fredrick NEVUE.
NEVUE, Infant/second of two infant sons of Fredrick NEVUE.
***THE DOOR COUNTY CEMETERIES PDF MAP (LINK BELOW) DOES NOT HAVE THE TOWN OF BRUSSELS - WHITE STAR SPIRITUALIST CHURCH CEMETERY INCLUDED!***
TOWN OF BRUSSELS CEMETERIES Page
TOWN OF BRUSSELS Page
DOOR COUNTY CIVIL TOWNS PAGE