Located on the southern edge of the city of River Falls in River Falls Township in Pierce County. Travel on Highway 29 south through the city to Cemetery Road. The cemetery is approximately one block on the left. Inventoried by Mickey Franzmeier, June & July 1984 and April & May 1985.
Some information was taken from other sources. Those sources were: St. Bridget's Cemetery records to date, Pierce County register of Funerals microfilm found in the Area Research Center, University of Wisconsin-River Falls, newspaper obituaries, and the Pierce County Heritage, Volume 7.
The old cemetery was located in Section 31 of Pleasant Valley Township, St. Croix, Co. Land for the cemetery was purchased April 6, 1891 from B.J. Sweet. Daniel Collins, Sr. and Thos. Finn, Sr. solicited donations to raise money to pay for the land. S.D. Porch brought suit to the bar this plot to be used as a cemetery. The case was tried and carried to the Supreme Court, where a decision was rendered in favor of St. Bridget's Church.
From April 6, 1891 to Jun 1, 1913, the cemetery was supervised by a church committee. On Feb. 25, 1925, supervision began by a separate board of trustees, until April 26, 1932 when the cemetery incorporated. A note in the cemetery records stated that all burial records prior to May 1, 1932 were as correct as could be obtained from different sources of information. Richard Cashman presently holds the records. His son, Richard, felt that records may not have been kept in one spot prior to 1932. (Note: not all of the graves and stones from the old cemetery were moved to this one)
This cemetery is large and has been split into three pages
Return to Cemetery Listings
Return to Main Page