Racine Cornet Band
The Racine Cornet Band, formerly the Racine City Band, was originally organized in 1859, with the following members:
Charles Heyer, Leader
In June, 1877, it was re-organized under its present name. At present the band consists of the following members:
Charles Evanson, Leader
W. H. Sumner
Temple of Honor Brass Band
The Temple of Honor Brass Band was organized during the latter part of 1878, and consists of the following, members:
John R. Davies, Leader and Director
T. M. Wood
C. E. Miller
J. C. Hayburn
C. L. Adams
E. M. White
E. J. Prichard
Z. C. Wentworth
C. W. Seldon.
Porter & Hendrie's Orchestra and Quadrille Band
Porter & Hendrie's Orchestra and Quadrille Band was organized in September, 1873, with the following, members:
R. J. Porter, Leader
Will F. Hendrie
George M. Creighton
The instruments are owned by the individuals. and the music by Mr. Porter.
Klein's Orchestra and Quadrille Band
Klein's Orchestra and Quadrille Band was organized in the fall of 1877, with six members. The present members are:
J. Klein, Leader
The instruments are owned by the members personally.
Hendrie & Smith's Quadrille and Reed Band
Hendrie & Smith's Quadrille and Reed Band was organized in July, 1877, with the following members:
James Hendrie, Manager
The instruments are the individual property of the members.
Lawson & Hayek's Orchestra and Quadrille Band
Lawson & Hayek's Orchestra and Quadrille Band, was originally organized in 1863, by Louis M. Lawson. After
undergoing various changes, it was re-organized, in 1873, to its present name. Its members are:
Louis M. Lawson, leader
The instruments are owned by the members individually.