First Scandinavian Baptist Church

As published in "The History of Racine and Kenosha Counties" (Chicago: 1879), page 386

The First Scandinavian Baptist Church - This church was organized on the 31st of May, 1864, with five members only, the names of whom were P. H. Dam, K. Nielsen, Karen Marie Petersen, Thomas P. Christiansen and Anna Karn. P. H. Dam was the first minister of the little flock. Their church edifice was completed in September, 1867, and was dedicated in November of the same year. At present, the congregation numbers 122, and connected with the Church is a flourishing Sunday school. Their present Pastor is Rev. James Henriksen. The church property is valued at $1,000.



Click here to go to
WIGenWeb AHGP

Back to the Racine Co. Churches & Temples page