The Scandinavian Baptist Church of Our Savior was organized April 5, 1877, with the
following officers: J. Hanson, P. Peterson and J. C. Nelson, as Trustees; Thomas P.
Christenson, Treasurer; J. C. Nelson, Clerk. The following twenty-nine persons were
the constituent members: P. Peterson, Mrs. Peterson, N. Christopherson, Adolph Jenson,
Anne E. Knudsen, J. Christopherson, M. Anderson, Thomas P. Christenson, Mrs. H.
Christenson, Martin Christenson, Mrs. M. Christenson, J. Hanson, Mrs. K. Hanson, K.
Hanson, Carrie Hanson, Lawrence F. A. Hanson, R. Olson, Mrs. H. Olson, H. Johnson,
Mrs. S. Johnson, A. C. Johnson, Miss T. Johnson, R. Christianson, Mrs. G.
Christianson, Dorthea Poulson, Lottie Pulson, J. C. Nelson, Mrs. M. Nelson. The house
of worship was erected and ready for use June 3, 1878, at a cost of about $2,700. The
membership is still twenty-nine. April 21, 1879, the name of the church was changed to
that of State Street Baptist Church.