In 1850, Czech immigrants from Bohemia and Moravia, now regions in the Czech Republic,
established a rural settlement between Five Mile and Seven Mile roads in Caledonia Township.
This early settlement known as "Ceska Betlemska" or Bohemian Bethlehem, later called Tabor, was
a model for other Wisconsin Czech farming communities. Dedicated to preserving their cultural heritage,
Tabor's immigrant families built this schoolhouse in 1888 to instruct their children
in Czech language and history. Classes were held on the weekends until 1916 when the building
became a community center. In 1974, the schoolhouse was acquired by the Racine County