In the year 1873, some students of the college opened a Sunday school in the
northwestern suburbs of the city. In the following year, St. Stephen's Chapel was
built, just beyond the city limits, on the road leading to the Rapids, principally by
the exertions of Rev. E. B. Spaulding, and large contributions of the Ladies' Aid
Society, of Racine College. It is a wooden structure, properly furnished, and cost
$2,500. Divine services have been held there ever since, first by the Rev. E. B.
Spaulding, then by the Rev. H. Wheeler, and at present by the Rev. Gold. All the
clergymen working at Holy Innocents and St. Stephen's were professors of Racine
College. The number of communicants is twelve, the number of Sunday school scholars,
forty. The Sunday school is still carried on by College students, under supervision of
the missionary in charge.